Mahindra's all-new 110cc scooter spied again
Snapshot: Mahindra's upcoming scooter recently spied while being tested on the outskirts of Pune. The new scooter is expected to be launched around September
M&M's upcoming 110cc scooter recently got spied while it was being tested near Pune. This new model was expected to be showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo India but the company had kept it completely under wrap and didn't reveal any relevant details. However, these images, below, reveals much about this new model that will aim at the segment leader Honda Activa and its likes. The scooter seems quite mature with broad seat, wide stance and blunt shaped body panels, making it an unisex offering in the market.
The front-end looks quite interesting as trapezoidal shaped side indicators which are fitted inside a thick black housing and then there is multi air-fins design that adds more to its appearance. Although, rear-end is completely covered in these images but revealing a combined indicators and tail light unit. Instrument console is also new consisting semi-circular speedometer and fuel gauge and a digital display at top of its right side. External fuel filler cap is also likely to be featured on this new model.
Power will come from a new 110cc engine that will be mated to VARIOMATIC transmission. We can expect it to produce around 8bhp while delivering a mileage over 60 kmpl. However, it is not confirmed as yet but telescopic suspension setup is said to be installed on the front wheel.
Mahindra currently offers four automatic scooters in India, however none of the models is catering buyers in 110cc segment. This new scooter (codenamed as G101) will aid the company to raise its market share in the most selling scooter segment in India. The G101 is expected to reach the Mahindra outlets around August within an expected price range of Rs 45,000 and Rs 55,000.
Image Source - Overdrive.in
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-24 12:01:47Arjit GargMahindra 110cc scooter, Gusto to launch on 29th September
- 2014-09-29 15:18:13Arjit GargMahindra Gusto launched for Rs 43000
- 2015-10-21 11:22:35Prashant SinghMahindra launches Special-Edition Gusto at INR 49,350
- 2016-01-04 11:43:03Prashant SinghMahindra to launch a new 110cc scooter this month?
- 2016-02-24 18:02:43Prashant SinghJD Power Study says - Two Wheeler Owners Desire More Features in Their Vehicles
- 2016-09-19 12:48:14Prashant SinghMahindra Gusto Special Edition launched