Maruti Suzuki to donate Rs. 2 Crore for J&K flood victims
Snapshot: The step is taken to strengthen the relief and rebuilding efforts of the Government and also reflects the sensitive side of the company towards the mankind.
India's largest automaker Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) and the company employees have donated Rs. 2 Crore to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund for victims of the floods in Jammu and Kashmir. This evasive step is taken to strengthen the relief and rebuilding efforts of the Government and also reflects the sensitive side of the company towards the mankind.
Maruti Suzuki’s parent, Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan has also contributed 5 million Japanese Yen for the Jammu and Kashmir floods tragedy. Suzuki Motor Corporation’s contribution is through the Japanese Red Cross Society. The Company also announced a slew of initiatives for its customers whose vehicles were damaged by the recent floods in the State. Maruti is temporarily transferring nearly 200 service technicians from its network across the country to Jammu and Kashmir to speed up repair and restoration of the damaged vehicles. They are in position from October 1. They will support the 300 technicians currently working in the Maruti Suzuki workshops in the State.
Maruti is rushing parts to the State, and is communicating with insurance companies to speed up survey and approval processes. To support customers in this time of hardship, for the flood affected vehicles repaired under insurance, 50% of the depreciation amount will be borne by Maruti Suzuki. Normally, the total depreciation amount is payable by the customer. Customers can bring their vehicles to any of the 30 Maruti Suzuki workshops in the State. Nearly 20 Maruti Mobile Service vans are also being pressed into service for further support.
Related car news
- 20-02-2017 Anurag Busi Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza waiting period rises to 7 months
- 17-02-2017 Davender Soni Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti, Hyundai, Nissan, & T...
- 15-02-2017 Davender Soni Maruti Suzuki Ertiga Limited Edition Launched at Rs 7.85 lak...
- 15-02-2017 Anurag Busi Maruti Suzuki plans a direct rival to the Renault Kwid; expe...
- 10-02-2017 Davender Soni Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift spotted at the Nexa Outlet
- 08-02-2017 Davender Soni Maruti Baleno RS 1.0 Alpha to launch in March
- Most Popular