The forum, presided over by C K Chaturvedi, relying upon the documents and other material placed before it said, "It is established that the car could not be repaired despite efforts made by opposite party (Maruti) and defects appeared again and again, leading to total loss of satisfaction to the purchaser.
Maruti Suzuki to pay compensation for defective WagonR
Snapshot: The company will pay Rs. 3.85 as a compensation for the defective WagonR
Maruti Suzuki India, the country's largest car maker, will pay Rs. 3.85 lakh as a compensation to a customer - Veena Amlani, for selling her defective Maruti WagonR, as directed by a consumer forum.
According to the New Delhi District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, the car bought by Veena Amlani in 2006 for Rs. 3.88 lakh was having some manufacturing defect and was unrepairable even by the company.
"We are of the view that the car has some manufacturing defect in its gear system or in its engine operation.
The forum said that it has been now 7 years since the car was bought, it will be difficult to replace the car and request the company to pay the compensation of Rs 3.5 lakh to Veena Amlani.
Related car news
- 28-01-2017 Anurag Busi Maruti Suzuki WagonR VXI+ launched at Rs. 4.7 lakhs
- 24-03-2017 Davender Soni Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti, Hyundai, Honda & Tat...
- 23-03-2017 Davender Soni 2017 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz to be sold through Nexa; variants re...
- 20-03-2017 Davender Soni Maruti Suzuki sales network crosses 2000 mark
- 18-03-2017 Davender Soni Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti, Hyundai, Toyota & Re...
- 17-03-2017 Davender Soni Next-gen Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire spied testing in India
- Most Popular