The forum, presided over by C K Chaturvedi, relying upon the documents and other material placed before it said, "It is established that the car could not be repaired despite efforts made by opposite party (Maruti) and defects appeared again and again, leading to total loss of satisfaction to the purchaser.
Maruti Suzuki to pay compensation for defective WagonR
Snapshot: The company will pay Rs. 3.85 as a compensation for the defective WagonR
Maruti Suzuki India, the country's largest car maker, will pay Rs. 3.85 lakh as a compensation to a customer - Veena Amlani, for selling her defective Maruti WagonR, as directed by a consumer forum.
According to the New Delhi District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum, the car bought by Veena Amlani in 2006 for Rs. 3.88 lakh was having some manufacturing defect and was unrepairable even by the company.
"We are of the view that the car has some manufacturing defect in its gear system or in its engine operation.
The forum said that it has been now 7 years since the car was bought, it will be difficult to replace the car and request the company to pay the compensation of Rs 3.5 lakh to Veena Amlani.
Related car news
- 08-12-2016 Davender Soni Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti, Hyundai, Fiat & R...
- 08-12-2016 Davender Soni 2017 Maruti Suzuki Swift Leaked In New Spy Shot
- 07-12-2016 Autoportal Team Maruti Suzuki National Super League Rally Championship to...
- 01-12-2016 Davender Soni Maruti Suzuki registers 14.2% growth in domestic sales
- 01-12-2016 Davender Soni Maruti Suzuki Ignis Scores 3-Star in Euro Ncap Crash Test
- 30-11-2016 Davender Soni 2017 Maruti Suzuki Swift to debut at 2017 Geneva Motor Show
- Most Popular