BMW cars are an ultimate word in luxury. If you drive a BMW you belong to the exclusive club of rich and super rich class. The car manufacturers have recently unveiled a coupe, in Malaysia. This BMW model is shortly to be introduced into the Indian markets as well. Admirers of BMW cars are anxiously waiting to take a look and test drive the coupe. It is one of the old BMW 7 coupe model, introduced in the year 2008, which has undergone extensive alteration work, both inside and outside. The car in technical wording is completely facelifted.
The coupe unveiled in Malaysia runs on a petrol engine. However, it is hoped that the car which is likely to be introduced to Indian market will have diesel engine. The coupe has the following features:
- The car presently has a petrol engine of 3.0L capacity
- The maximum HP speed is 242
- It is fitted with automatic transmission of 8 speeds.
- Interior has been worked over and has following additions:
- New seats covered in expensive leather.
- A system for stopping or starting the car.
- An information /entertainment system in iDrive
- A module which shows regeneration of energy.
- The passengers sitting in the back seat can now watch on information or entertainment on screens which are not very small.
- The exterior of the car is fitted with following new additions:
- The grille in the front is reworked and has a new look.
- The bumper in the front is remodeled and looks different.
- A new strip in Chrome appears at the back of the car.
- The headlamps come with new light emitting diodes technology (LED)
- The mirrors on each side of the car incorporate an indicator.
BMW coupe is likely to have stiff competition from other luxury cars models in India. The Indian customers in luxury car segment are only a handful and are very sensitive to the price factor. Normally these cars come with very stiff import duty, but there are rumors that this car will be assembled in India only. However, presently there is no news what will be the price.