New Honda CBR 150R will get split headlamps
Snapshot: The next-gen Honda CBR 150R will be thoroughly revised
The Japanese moto-maker, Honda, planning to update its CBR 150R in international markets with several cosmetic changes. Incepted in 2002, the major revision this model had received was back in year 2010 when conventional carburetor unit got replaced with modern time-fuel injection system: however the power output went down after this advancement. Later, it got a few cosmetic revisions to become more appealing against its nemesis like the Yamaha R15.
Now, Honda is planning to revise this entry-level sports tourer once again. As seen in the render above, the new 150R will get a new split headlamps unit at front to join the CBR league like its elder siblings. Other visual changes will include reshaped body panels and a new round-shaped silencer, replacing the current model's VFR-like exhaust.
Mechanically, it has been speculated to sit on a tubular frame instead of the twin spar frame as seen on the current model. This frame is likely to be taken from the CBR 250R. The rest of the setup will remain same and the bike will continue to get power from the same 149cc unit that produces 17.8 BHP and 12.6 Nm of torque. Honda has not made any official announcement regarding this new model but we expect it to reach the Indian market before the end of this calendar year.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-04-24 12:33:00Syed Shiraz ShahHonda readies new CBR 150 R
- 2014-05-28 19:18:40Udit VishalHonda CBR 150R gets new color scheme in Indonesia
- 2014-06-05 22:30:49Udit VishalHonda launches 2014 CBR150R in Indonesia
- 2015-08-04 14:17:09Prashant SinghCB Hornet 160R, CBR150R and CBR250R showcased by Honda at the RevFest
- 2016-02-15 11:29:31Prashant SinghMeet the new aggressive Honda CBR150R
- 2016-06-24 12:37:33Neeraj JhaHonda One Make Race Details Announced; Starts Exclusive Women Race
- 2016-06-27 12:20:14Neeraj JhaHonda All Ladies Race: Puja Dabhi Led from Start to Finish to Clinch Victory in Round One