Next gen Yamaha YZF-R15 to get more power and ABS
Snapshot: Considering that ABS will be made mandatory in all motorcycles above 125cc, Yamaha Motors India is doing a commendable thing by introducing the same at an early stage.
Yamaha’s Indian subsidiary, Yamaha Motors India is all set to make its entry-level sports bike, YZF-R15 more poised than it already is. The company is reportedly working on to introduce ABS in it and the bike is also expected to get some major visual upgrades. Yamaha’s one of the top honchos also confirmed that the next gen YZF-R15 will be more powerful and will be better in terms of safety and comfort.
"The R15 will become better in its next iteration, however, no details can be shared as to what would exactly the specifications be like, but we can assure that it will be a step-up from the current generation in all aspects of performance and safety. We also want to extract as much as possible from a motorcycle to give maximum value-for-money for our products", said Yasuo Ishihara, managing director, Yamaha Motor Research & Development India.
Considering that ABS will be made mandatory in all motorcycles above 125cc, Yamaha Motors India is doing a commendable thing by introducing the same at an early stage. But when launched, expect a price hike of at least Rs 10,000 from the present version. Stay tuned as Bikeportal brings you more updates from the automotive world.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-03-21 17:07:38 Udit Vishal Yamaha Introduces YZF R15 Version 2.0 in new colors
- 2014-04-28 17:27:16 Syed Shiraz Shah Yamaha R25 caught on road
- 2014-04-30 19:23:17 Udit Vishal Yamaha R25 Spied again in Indonesia
- 2015-05-12 14:48:01 Arjit Garg Yamaha YZF-R15 and YZF-R25 special editions launched in Indonesia
- 2015-09-16 12:48:50 Prashant Singh Yamaha MT15 spied getting tested in Thailand
- 2015-09-18 16:21:41 Prashant Singh Yamaha Motors India Launches the original R15 Version back again, named as YZF R15-S
- 2015-11-25 12:29:11 Prashant Singh Video - Yamaha MT-15/MT Slash to make its debut soon.
- 2016-02-12 11:24:38 Prashant Singh Yamaha YZF R15v3.0 cought getting tested on Indonesian roads
- 2016-02-22 11:23:30 Prashant Singh Yamaha introduces the YZF-R15 V2.0 in new colours and a higher price tag
- 2014-04-28 19:49:35 Syed Shiraz Shah New FZ spied again - launch imminent
- 2015-06-02 12:44:47 Prashant Singh Honda Unicorn 160 crosses Yamaha FZ's sales figures for April
- 2014-04-18 19:12:02 Divyanshu Boora New Yamaha FZ-S Concept bike spotted testing
- 2015-09-16 11:15:21 Prashant Singh FZ-S to be launched in four new colours