Nissan recently announced the first-ever qualifying round of Playstation 3 GT Academy in India. The first round is being held in Ambience Mall, Gurgaon till 23rd February where interested young drivers can test their skills and acumen on a virtual platform to get selected for national level Motorsports championship.
Delhi is the first of five cities in India where a qualifying round will be hosted, to be followed by 4 other tier-1 cities as per the below mentioned schedule :-
• March 20-23, 2014: R-City Mall, Ghatkopar, Mumbai
• April 17-20, 2014: Inorbit Mall, Hyderabad
• May 15-18, 2014: Mantri Mall, Bengaluru
• June 5-8, 2014: Express Avenue Mall, Royapettah, Chennai
Interested candidates can also pre-register their name on below mentioned links, other wise the registration could be made directly at the event venue.
1. Visit www.nissan.in (Click on the link and go to INNOVATION menu to find information about GT Academy)
2. Visit www.facebook.com/nissanindia (Click on GT ACADEMY INDIA)
3. SMS ‘GamerToPro
A total of 14 contestants will be shortlisted for the National final round from qualifying tests that will start tomorrow. Later on, finalists will need to go through a two-day intensive physical and mental training programme which will shortlist only six contestants who will be eligible for the International Race Camp at Silverstone in the United Kingdom.
Nissan also organized an inaugural round for GT Academy at the recently concluded Auto Expo India where 400 candidates participated to experience the pleasure of driving on a virtually formed racetrack.