- 18 year old Senthil recorded his personal best lap of 2:28:241.
- IDEMISTU Honda Racing is now in the Top 9 teams of AP 250 Class with 33 points.
- Round 7 for 2019 ARCC Championship will be held in Buriram, Thailand in December.
Idemitsu Honda Racing India Finishes 2019 ARCC At Sepang Circuit
Snapshot: Rajiv Sethu and Senthil Kumar, the duo racing for IDEMISTU Honda Racing India, secured 16th and 26th positions respectively at the 2019 ARCC.
IDEMITSU Honda Racing India, the only Indian racing team, has won points at Sunday's final race of round 6 at the Asia Road Racing Championship 2019 (ARRC), which is being held at the Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia. Rajeev earned one more point for India with his eight top 15 finish this season in Asia Production 250cc class of ARCC, despite suffering a back and hand injury in yesterday's race. In addition, Senthil, who happens to be the youngest rider from India, gained five positions to finish at 17th in ARCC 2019.
The 18 year old Senthil recorded his personal best lap of 2:28:241 at Sepang Circuit. He started from 8th row from 22nd on the grid and immediately overtook Taipei's Liu Junmei and Thailand's Sawapol in the second lap itself. Being at the 20th position on lap 3, he secured 19th position in lap 4 while retaining it till lap 7 and finally finishing at 17th by the end of final 8th lap, hence by gaining a total of 5 positions. The Indonesians dominated the race by getting the first six ranks in the Asia Production 250cc class at Race 2. IDEMISTU Honda Racing is now positioned in the Top 9 teams of AP 250 Class with a total of 33 points. Rajiv has secured the position of 16th with 33 points while Senthil gets 26th place out of total 40 riders.
The Sepang race is coming to close and riders will now battle it out for the 2019 ARCC Championship in Round 7 at Buriram, Thailand in December. Meanwhile, in other news, Zaqhwan Zaidi of Honda Asia-Dream Racing, belonging to SHOWA team in ASB1000cc category, has finished at 4th position in race 2, with a final finish at 3rd in the championship.
Related car news
- 09-12-2020 Ashish P Abraham Volkswagen India launches the 2020 Tiguan Allspace SUV at IN...
- 09-12-2020 Ashish P Abraham Maruti Suzuki launches the all-new powerful and stylish Vita...
- 09-12-2020 Ashish P Abraham Tata Nexon EV catapults experiential marketing to next level
- 09-12-2020 Ashish P Abraham The top 10 fuel economy cars available in the Indian automot...
- 18-02-2020 Ashish P Abraham Tata Motors and Tata Elxsi collaboration for connected vehic...
- 09-12-2020 Davender Soni Exclusive: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift revealed in Clea...
- Most Popular