Renault's New Small Car 'XBA' Engine Details Out! (India-bound)
Snapshot: Renault India's new small car, codenamed as XBA and being a global product, is slated to launch in the second half of 2015 in India.
Renault India's new small car, codenamed as XBA and being a global product, is slated to launch in the second half of 2015 in India. It would be the second new product from the company; the first being Lodgy MPV, which the French autogiant intends to launch in the first quarter of 2015. This hatch would also mark the debut of company's all new 800cc, 3-cylinder petrol motor.
The XBA small car has commenced its test runs in the country and has been caught multiple times on camera, albeit with heavy camouflage. Hence, nothing much is known about the designing cues, except the fact that it would be underpinning the Datsun redi-Go concept. The aforesaid concept was showcased at the 2014 Indian Auto Expo to the Indian public. The new small car would be an integral component of the Common Module Family (CMF) platform, which is developed jointly by the Renault-Nissan Alliance. As being the smallest and most economical company offering, it is being christened as CMF-A. It would be manufactured locally at Renualt-Nissan's unit in Chennai.
At the launch of Duster AWD, Sumit Sawhney, CEO & MD, Renault India, confirmed that company would be launching two new cars in the country in 2015. And, at the recently concluded Paris Motor Show, it was confirmed that the new budget hatchback would be featuring company's newly developed 800cc motor. Being touted as BR08, this 3-cylinder engine is developed at Renault-Nissan Technical Center in Chennai with heavy inputs and assistance from Nissan and Renault's global Research & Development centers at Japan and France respectively. This new car would be challenging the likes of Maruti Alto 800 and Hyundai Eon with a sticker price under Rs. 4 Lakhs.
Image source : MotorVikatan
Related car news
- 02-12-2016 Mayank Renault Kwid Cross 1.10 Lakh Sales in India
- 24-11-2016 Davender Soni Current Offers and Discounts on Maruti, Hyundai, Honda & ...
- 11-11-2016 Prashant Singh Renault Kwid AMT Test Drive Review - Good gets better!
- 11-11-2016 Davender Soni Renault Kwid Outsider Concept Showcased at 2016 Sao Paulo...
- 11-11-2016 Autoportal Team India-bound Renault Kaptur SUV unveiled at Sao Paulo Moto...
- 10-11-2016 Autoportal Team Renault announces strategic partnership for autonomous te...
- Most Popular