Cars in India | Autoportal.com

Royal Enfield 500cc Bullet and Thunderbird prices increased post GST

Royal Enfield 500cc Bullet and Thunderbird prices increased post GST

Snapshot: After the implementation of GST, prices of bikes above 350cc have seen a substantial hike. On the other hand, prices of bikes below 350cc have more or less remained same.

- Comments    |    Write Comment

The Indian two-wheeler company, Royal Enfield has gleefully accepted the GST implementation, and in response to which they have unveiled a  revised pricing strategy for their different models of two wheelers. According to the revised pricing strategy, the Royal Enfield Bullet and Thunderbird have received a hike in their price post-GST.
 
Just to elucidate the revised pricing, we need to look into new tax structure imposed on two wheelers. Under the GST, the bikes less than 350cc engine capacity attracts 28% tax while the bikes more than 350cc draws a tax of 28% plus an additional cess of 3%, making it a total of 31%.


 
With the effect of aforesaid changes being incorporated, prices of bikes above 350cc have seen a substantial hike. On the other hand, prices of bikes below 350cc have more or less remained same.
 
The Thunderbird 350cc had a pre-GST price of Rs. 1,46,403 (ex-showroom, Pune) which witnessed a meagre slide in the price of Rs 91 and the post-GST price stands at Rs. 1,46,312. However, the Thunderbird led by a 500cc engine has received a rise in the price by Rs. 2,782. The pre-GST price of Thunderbird 500cc was Rs. 1,85,630 which post GST stands at Rs. 1,88,412.
 
The Royal Enfield Bullet has also seen a similar effect of GST on its price. The Bullet 350cc carried a price tag of Rs.1,13,511 ( ex-showroom Pune) during the pre-GST period while the post-GST Period price of two-wheeler stood at Rs.1,13,436. When it comes the Bullet 500cc the effect of GST is quite visible with a rise in price by Rs. 2,429. The pre-GST price of the 500cc bullet was Rs.1,63,827, while the post-GST price is Rs.1,66,256. All the mentioned prices are ex-showroom, Pune.

 

Related car news

  • Royal Enfield Might Discontinue Its 500cc Bikes Next Year 22-11-2019 Autoportal Team Royal Enfield Might Stop Production of 500cc Bikes in 2020,...
  • Royal Enfield Bullet 350 ABS Gets a Price Hike Up to Rs 4,000 13-11-2019 Prachi Walia Royal Enfield Bullet 350 ABS Receives a Price Hike For the F...
  • 2020 Royal Enfield Bullet, Classic and Thunderbird Unveil Tomorrow 04-11-2019 Autoportal Team 2020 Royal Enfield Bullet, Classic and Thunderbird Debut Tom...
  • Royal Enfield Launches New #MyBullet Campaign for 350 Range 06-09-2019 Autoportal Team Royal Enfield Introduces New #MyBullet Campaign for Bullet 3...
  • Royal Enfield Revises Service Interval for Three Motorcycles 12-08-2019 Prachi Walia Royal Enfield Revises Service Interval for Bullet, Classic &...
  • Royal Enfield Bullet 350X Spied Undisguised Ahead of Launch 09-08-2019 Autoportal Team New Royal Enfield Bullet 350X Spotted Undisguised, Spy Image...