Royal Enfield Himalayan unveiled, Launch Mid March 2016!
Snapshot: Finally and still to far, prices only to be revealed in March 2016!
Finally after a long wait Royal Enfield has unveiled the first ever adventure motorcycle for the Chennai based manufacturer and also the first ever home grown ADV bike of India, the Himalayan has an all new LS400 engine which is a 411cc, Single Cylinder oil cooled SOHC engine that produces 24.5bhp@6500rpm and a peak torque that is 32Nm@4000-4500rpm. The Himalayan also weighs 182kg kerb which seems to be a decent weight considering its robust requirements of its go anywhere character.
The front suspension which is 41mm thick, in true ADV veil has a long travel of 200mm while the rear suspension which is the first monoshock for Royal Enfield has a travel that is also a pretty good 180mm. The bike features disc brakes both up front and at the rear, where a 2-Piston floating 300mm disc does duty at the front while a single piston floating 240mm disc does duty at the rear. The fuel tank capacity stands at 15 litres and the reserves volume is 0.5 litres. The front tyre on the Himalayan is 90/90-21" and at the rear the tyre has specs of 120/90-17".
It is interesting to note that Royal Enfield is giving a lot of tyre options to choose from for the Himalayan, such as, Full off-road and on/off-road tyres from most major brands. This chunky big tyres and long suspension travel provides the Himalayan a rather incredible 220mm ground clearance. While the wheelbase comes in at a decent 1465mm. The beauty of the Himalayan design being the seat height is just 800mm meaning shorter riders shouldn't worry.
Another new addition for Royal Enfield on the Himalayan is the presence of only an electric starter while a new LED tail lamp unit handles the lighting at the rear. Adding to it , the Bike features a 5 speed gearbox and a carburettor with throttle position sensor. The chassis on the Himalayan as per Royal Enfield Speak is a Half-Duplex Split Cradle Frame.
Along with the Himalayan, as expected Royal Enfield has also launched their apparel range for the Himalayan, and it does look pretty interesting to us.
For more Information you can click the below mentioned links -
Royal Enfield unveils the Himalayan in Videos with CS Santosh!
Video - Royal Enfield unveils the Himalayan in style and we love it!!
We think you'd like...
- 2015-09-09 16:58:58Prashant SinghReady to roll Himalayan caught on the production line
- 2015-11-03 11:42:55Prashant SinghRoyal Enfield's sales figures grows by 73% in the month of October this year
- 2015-11-09 17:33:42Prashant SinghRoyal Enfield Himalayan's instrumental cluster shot for the first time
- 2016-01-09 21:50:50Prashant SinghExclusive: Royal Enfield Himalayan's engine snapped up close
- 2016-01-22 12:20:42Sunny SoralRoyal Enfield unveils the Himalayan in Videos with CS Santosh!
- 2016-02-15 12:50:44Prashant SinghRoyal Enfield Himalayan reaches select dealerships, booking to commence from 17th March
- 2016-03-04 11:57:15Prashant SinghRoyal Enfield Himalayan to be launched on 16th March
- 2016-03-16 13:16:17Prashant SinghRoyal Enfield Himalayan finally Launched at Rs 1.55 Lakh
- 2016-03-17 12:30:37Prashant SinghRoyal Enfield Himalayan not to be sold in Delhi
- 2016-03-28 18:38:04Prashant SinghRoyal Enfield Himalayan receiving fabulous response from the market
- 2016-03-30 12:57:33Prashant SinghRoyal Enfield Himalayan now available in Delhi
- 2016-04-04 11:09:50Prashant SinghRoyal Enfield reveals pricing on the Himalayan Riding gear
- 2016-04-18 11:35:49Prashant SinghRoyal Enfield grabs 5th position in the list of highest bike manufacturers of India
- 2016-08-05 16:55:00Neeraj JhaRoyal Enfield Himalayan to come in Military Green colour option