Scoop: Fully Faired Suzuki Gixxer will launch Mid April 2015
Snapshot: We have rendered what we believe the Faired Gixxer would look like...
The Gixxer has officially began Suzuki Motorcycles first true attack on the Indian Motorcycle market and it has not only garnered great reviews from everyone who has tested and ridden it but also from customers, as there has been a constant rise in the number of units sold month on month. This baby Gixxer has everything going towards it and even in our road test comparisons where we compared theSuzuki Gixxer Vs the Yamaha FZ-S and then we compared the Suzuki Gixxer Vs the TVS Apache RTR 160 and in both cases the Suzuki was our choice of the bike.
Only recently Suzuki was heard to be working on a fully faired version of its brilliant little Gixxer and soon after a set of spyshots arrived showing off a heavily camouflaged fully faired version of the Gixxer alongside the standard one. The fully faired version is expected to have the same 155cc single cylinder unit, we expect a slight bump in the power output from the present 14.6bhp and there will be some change in the gearing to deal with the extra weight the fairing would bring it.
Below you can see our in house artist Shaaz's Rendering of the upcoming Faired Gixxer!!!
According to our sources, the engine and the design has been finalized and is signed off for production. The complete bikes have their ARAI homologation pending and that should be done by March Mid. Suzuki will launch the bike around Mid April 2015. The Faired Gixxer, rumoured to be called the GSX150 will have a rear disc brake doing duty this time around instead of the 130mm drum that does duty on the Gixxer. The Engines for the same are being tested at the Suzuki Powertrain Plant and as usual expect the Suzuki to be the most refined and vibration free motorcycle in the segment. Expect the price of the Faired Gixxer to be around 10,000 to 15,000 higher than the standard naked one.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-27 12:35:11Udit VishalSuzuki Gixxer 150's power figures revealed
- 2014-09-09 12:59:06Vidyadhar Sharma Suzuki Gixxer launched in India; priced at Rs. 72199
- 2014-12-16 10:46:04Sunny SoralSpied - Suzuki Gixxer 160 wears some clothes, fully faired version spotted!
- 2015-02-11 15:28:26Sunny SoralSuzuki Gixxer Outsold by Honda CB Unicorn 160 in January
- 2015-03-26 13:47:10Sunny SoralSuzuki Gixxer SF is launching on 7th April, 2014
- 2015-05-04 15:51:05Prashant SinghSuzuki introduced dual-tone colors for the Gixxer 150
- 2015-05-15 14:28:59Sunny SoralSuzuki - No plans for Sub 300cc Bikes and CKD for next 12-18 Months in India
- 2015-05-21 17:43:07Sunny SoralSuzuki Motorcycles India rolling out Gixxer Cup, We give them a Big Thumps Up
- 2015-06-15 15:03:10Prashant SinghSuzuki working on a 250cc Gixxer
- 2015-09-23 12:25:00Prashant SinghRear disc Gixxer and Gixxer SF spied
- 2015-11-02 18:17:54Prashant SinghAs festive season Approaches, Suzuki Gixxer crosses 10,000 mark in October sales
- 2015-12-04 12:32:53Prashant SinghSuzuki to launch the new Gixxer 250 by March next year
- 2016-03-18 15:34:58Prashant SinghSuzuki aims to double the exports figures this year
- 2016-04-15 16:06:24Prashant SinghSuzuki Gixxer rear disc variant launched; Price is Rs 79,726
- 2016-05-05 16:45:37Neeraj JhaSuzuki announces 2016 Gixxer Cup
- 2016-05-06 19:31:48Neeraj JhaGame changers: 10 bikes that changed the way we ride
- 2016-06-28 13:32:48Neeraj JhaSuzuki Gixxer Cup set to return for Season 2
- 2016-08-16 13:15:52Neeraj JhaSuzuki Gixxer commences Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup
- 2016-09-09 11:32:24Prashant SinghSuzuki launches special edition Gixxer and Gixxer SF
- 2014-09-12 14:13:29Arjit GargYamaha to flag off Mission 10000KM on 14th September