Spied - 2016 KTM RC390 shows itself in India, Launch Mid January!
Snapshot: The ferocious little KTM track tool gets ample upgrades fro 2016 and it has been spied in India already!!
It was only a matter of time before the 2016 KTM RC390 showed itself in this part of the world and why not, it is being manufactured in India only. This is where KTM has always been smart and proactive, they keep their models on sale updated all the time making their motorcycles rich feel alive. Now that the KTM flagship of India has been spied at what looks like a dealer floor, it should be safe to assume that the rumoured mid January 2016 launch date is a go for the 2016 RC390 launch in India.
As we have already covered in our coverage of EICMA the 2016 KTM RC390 comes with a decent load of upgrade from the outgoing models, among which visual ones are few but the upgrades run deep into the basics of the bike. For 2016, the RC390 is getting a slipper clutch that already arrived on the Duke 390 in 2015. Alongwith it the RC390 will (finally) feature adjustable clutch and front brake levers. There is also a bigger front brake disc which now stands at 320mm which is a 20mm increase than the 2015 model. What has made us even more intrigued about the KTM is the fact that the 2016 RC390 is getting drive-by-wire that sees a goodbye to the conventional cable mechanism. And then, there is this new exhaust assembly, which is now conventional (and better looking) meaning an aluminium exhaust can has replaced the under body exhaust design from the current one. Making the KTM nEuro4 compliant now.
There has been no changes made as such to the power unit on the RC390, saying that, the bike never seemed to ask for more power, it is as bonkers as it can get with the present 373 cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled FI engine with DOHC and four valves, that produces 44bhp and 35 Nm of peak torque, and frankly it is a handful for a lot of people already.
Saying that we love the RC390 and reckon that the new 2016 upgrades will make the already ferocious RC390 an even better entry point to the world of track tools that fit the pocket too, though expect a price hike in the order of atleast INR15,000 to 20,000 when the bike launches in January 2016.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-30 23:07:58Udit VishalKTM RC390 Spied once again in India
- 2014-09-09 11:03:30Arjit GargObsessed with good looks? Book one of this looker here!
- 2014-09-09 14:11:34Arjit GargKTM RC 390 launched for 2.05 lakh. A 'Ready to Race' deal indeed!
- 2014-11-14 11:57:30Sunny SoralKTM's Shotgun in a Fist-Fight going to USA - RC390 to be priced $5499!
- 2015-05-29 17:36:29Pankaj VigEBR bankrupt, Hero HX250R may not make it even until 2015 end
- 2015-11-06 15:10:50Prashant SinghKTM declares Orange Cup in India for the first time
- 2015-12-07 11:42:29Prashant SinghKTM to introduce cornering ABS in their entry level motorcycles?
- 2015-12-17 14:56:38Prashant SinghThe 2016 KTM RC390 not to have the side mounted exhaust in India?
- 2016-02-01 13:41:09Prashant SinghSay hello to the Turbocharged Devilish 60bhp KTM RC390
- 2016-02-11 11:08:12Prashant SinghKTM silently launches the 2016 RC 390 and 390 Duke