Spied - Bajaj Pulsar 200SS with ABS!
Snapshot: will there be ABS as optional on the Pulsar 200SS?
Another day and we have another new spy picture of the eagerly awaited Bajaj Pulsar in its fully faired avatar which has come up, we will pass the credits of the picture to Mr. Raj Aryan.
What is intriguing to note is and which should be the first thing we would like to find out is which one of the faired Pulsar is this – 200SS or 400SS? From the photo it is evident that the bike is all production ready to make us assume it has to be the Pulsar 200SS which is coming sooner than later! However, the final nail to the coffin should be those Eurogrip tyres.
The Pulsar 400SS showcased at the Auto Expo wore Metzeler tyres so we can assume that the production version will also wear the same rubber as well. However, looking at the possibility and since Pulsar 200NS gets Eurogrips, its faired sibling upcoming Pulsar 200SS may continue with Eurogrip tyres as well. Hence, it would seem safe to deduce that these Pulsars in the picture should be the Pulsar 200SS.
Though the things get interesting from here forward, have a closer look at the ABS ring in the picture. If it is indeed the upcoming, ready to launch Pulsar 200SS, does this mean that Bajaj will offer it as an optional extra? If this turns out to be the case then this is going to be one important factor for the ones among you waiting to buy this bike, since, none of its KTM siblings, neither the KTM Duke 200 nor the RC200 get ABS even as an option.
The engine, a 199.5 cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled, carburetor employed unit producing 23.52 PS (23.18 bhp) at 9,500 rpm and 18.3 Nm of torque at 8,000 rpm will be shared with the Pulsar 200NS. It’s still not clear whether this upcoming Pulsar will benefit from fuel-injection or not. The Pulsar 200NS is available as a fuel-injected model in Turkey with a power output of 24.4PS, about 1PS higher than the current carburettor equipped Pulsar 200NS of India. So it won’t be incorrect to expect the same output to reflect on the Indian models.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-13 13:45:34Udit VishalBajaj developing Pulsar 200 NS FI for the Indonesian Market
- 2014-05-19 18:19:45Udit VishalBajaj launches Pulsar 200 NS FI in international markets
- 2014-05-29 12:03:40Udit VishalBajaj introduces new color shemes for Pulsar series
- 2014-11-13 14:05:35Sunny SoralBajaj's old War Horse P220 Sells 4 times than Karizma Updates!
- 2015-03-18 12:12:01Prashant SinghMore details out from the Indian microsite for the Bajaj Pulsar RS200
- 2015-06-09 10:58:37Prashant SinghBajaj Auto hints the launch of smaller capacity CS Pulsar
- 2015-06-23 12:07:53Prashant SinghBajaj increases the production of Pulsar RS 200
- 2015-07-17 13:35:19Sunny SoralBlack-Gold Colour Scheme coming for Pulsar RS200? Reports Suggest it may!
- 2015-07-23 12:42:11Prashant SinghPulsar RS200's crashes after front alloy breaks, says owner
- 2015-07-27 16:10:56Prashant SinghBajaj Auto's official statement on Pulsar RS200's rim breaking accident
- 2015-08-07 11:24:38Prashant SinghBajaj Auto to discontinue NS200 from the Indian line-up
- 2015-09-23 16:22:35Prashant SinghBajaj Auto launches RS 200 in 'Demon Black' color scheme
- 2015-10-30 11:02:11Prashant SinghBajaj Auto Hikes The Price of AS 200
- 2015-11-04 18:51:10Prashant SinghHas Bajaj Auto discontinued the Pulsar 200NS from its line up?
- 2016-01-06 12:42:55Prashant SinghBajaj Pulsar RS200 Tops 10 most searched bikes on Internet in 2015
- 2016-03-02 15:20:57Prashant SinghAll you need to know about the Bajaj Pulsar 'Festival of Speed' racing event!
- 2016-03-16 18:40:10Prashant SinghBajaj 'Festival of Speed' concluded on an exciting note in Delhi NCR!
- 2016-03-31 14:10:41Prashant SinghBangalore to host the next Bajaj 'FOS' event on 2nd April
- 2016-04-11 11:00:43Prashant Singh Bajaj Pulsar CS 400 spied getting tested in Pune
- 2016-04-18 12:19:19Prashant SinghBajaj Pulsar 200NS ABS spied getting tested
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29Neeraj JhaTop 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-13 14:33:54Neeraj JhaBajaj Auto Finance enters partnership with India Post
- 2016-07-04 16:12:47Neeraj JhaBajaj Pulsar RS 200 gets new Red and white colour
- 2015-04-14 16:34:55Prashant SinghIs this the end of RC8 ?