Suzuki announces 2016 Gixxer Cup
Snapshot: Suzuki Gixxer Cup returns for its second season in partnership with Red Bull for road to Rookies 2016
Suzuki Motorcycle India, a subsidiary of Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan, has announced the return of its popular Gixxer Cup for its second season. The Company has launched the Gixxer Cup last year and through the 5 rounds, it became a platform for aspirant racers in India and a racing championship.
In 2015, the Championship ended with the presence of Kevin Schwantz, legendary racer and 500cc World Champion (1993). In 2016, the Company will begin the season in partnership with Red Bull for the Road to Rookies Cup 2016. The Championship has been approved by FMSCI (The Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India) and it will be organized by the Madras Motor Sports Club (one of the oldest motorsports clubs in the country). It will run as supporting races along with the 5 rounds of the India National Motorcycle Racing Championship from the months of June to October 2016.
Mr. Satoshi Uchida, Managing Director, SMIPL, said “We saw a hugely positive response after entering the Indian racing arena last year, and clearly felt the need to only improve upon the laurels from our first season of the Gixxer Cup. This year, we bring Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup, a world-renowned platform, to the young Indian riders for the first time, while sticking to the Gixxer Cup format alongside. We can’t wait for the season of exciting racing to begin!”
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-27 12:35:11Udit VishalSuzuki Gixxer 150's power figures revealed
- 2014-09-09 12:59:06Vidyadhar Sharma Suzuki Gixxer launched in India; priced at Rs. 72199
- 2014-12-16 10:46:04Sunny SoralSpied - Suzuki Gixxer 160 wears some clothes, fully faired version spotted!
- 2015-02-11 15:28:26Sunny SoralSuzuki Gixxer Outsold by Honda CB Unicorn 160 in January
- 2015-02-23 17:51:24Sunny SoralScoop: Fully Faired Suzuki Gixxer will launch Mid April 2015
- 2015-03-26 13:47:10Sunny SoralSuzuki Gixxer SF is launching on 7th April, 2014
- 2015-05-04 15:51:05Prashant SinghSuzuki introduced dual-tone colors for the Gixxer 150
- 2015-05-15 14:28:59Sunny SoralSuzuki - No plans for Sub 300cc Bikes and CKD for next 12-18 Months in India
- 2015-05-21 17:43:07Sunny SoralSuzuki Motorcycles India rolling out Gixxer Cup, We give them a Big Thumps Up
- 2015-06-15 15:03:10Prashant SinghSuzuki working on a 250cc Gixxer
- 2015-09-23 12:25:00Prashant SinghRear disc Gixxer and Gixxer SF spied
- 2015-11-02 18:17:54Prashant SinghAs festive season Approaches, Suzuki Gixxer crosses 10,000 mark in October sales
- 2015-12-04 12:32:53Prashant SinghSuzuki to launch the new Gixxer 250 by March next year
- 2016-03-18 15:34:58Prashant SinghSuzuki aims to double the exports figures this year
- 2016-04-15 16:06:24Prashant SinghSuzuki Gixxer rear disc variant launched; Price is Rs 79,726
- 2016-05-06 19:31:48Neeraj JhaGame changers: 10 bikes that changed the way we ride
- 2016-06-28 13:32:48Neeraj JhaSuzuki Gixxer Cup set to return for Season 2
- 2016-08-16 13:15:52Neeraj JhaSuzuki Gixxer commences Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup
- 2016-09-09 11:32:24Prashant SinghSuzuki launches special edition Gixxer and Gixxer SF