Suzuki Gixxer launched in India; priced at Rs. 72199
Snapshot: Suzuki has bestowed upon Indian bike buffs yet another stud - Gixxer with a price tag of Rs. 72199
Suzuki has bestowed upon Indian bike buffs yet another stud - Gixxer with a price tag of Rs. 72199 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Have a glance over the looks of the bike, and you may call it quite a looker. As the picture below reveals, Suzuki Gixxer sports bikini fairing with its chiselled tank and short stubby chrome tipped exhaust, and lately, a chunky 140 section tyre at the back. Besides, the bike is equipped with a digital instrument panel which also indicates gear changes and allows you to customize rev limits.
Now the business - what powers the all new Gixxer is a 155cc, air cooled, single-cylinder carburetted engine churning out 14.8PS at 8000rpm, while the torque figures stand around 14Nm at 6000rpm. The engine has been mated to a five speed transmission, and also equips Suzuki's Eco Performance technology that helps reduce mechanical losses and enhances combustion, which results into a mileage of 63.5kmpl - claims Suzuki.
Gixxer comes with a fuel tank capacity of 12 litres, and weighs 135kg as a whole. In the front brakes department, it's the single disc unit from Bybre which takes charge, whereas the rear tyre is confined to a drum brake. The bike comes in multiple color options including Metallic Oort Grey, Candy Antares Red, Glass Sparkle Black, Metallic Triton Blue and Pearl Mirage White.
According to one of the company official's statement, Gixxer has been worked on by the same team of engineers who had been into designing and developing the Suzuki MotoGP, and other superbike programs. What's more interesting is that the name - Gixxer has been extracted from the GSX-R series of sportsbikes, and the bike is reported to employ the same sportsbike technology, said a company official.
The obvious rivals of Suzuki Gixxer are going to be the likes of Yamaha FZ FI V2.0, Hero Xtreme, and the Honda CB Trigger.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-27 12:35:11Udit VishalSuzuki Gixxer 150's power figures revealed
- 2014-12-16 10:46:04Sunny SoralSpied - Suzuki Gixxer 160 wears some clothes, fully faired version spotted!
- 2015-02-11 15:28:26Sunny SoralSuzuki Gixxer Outsold by Honda CB Unicorn 160 in January
- 2015-02-23 17:51:24Sunny SoralScoop: Fully Faired Suzuki Gixxer will launch Mid April 2015
- 2015-03-26 13:47:10Sunny SoralSuzuki Gixxer SF is launching on 7th April, 2014
- 2015-05-04 15:51:05Prashant SinghSuzuki introduced dual-tone colors for the Gixxer 150
- 2015-05-15 14:28:59Sunny SoralSuzuki - No plans for Sub 300cc Bikes and CKD for next 12-18 Months in India
- 2015-05-21 17:43:07Sunny SoralSuzuki Motorcycles India rolling out Gixxer Cup, We give them a Big Thumps Up
- 2015-06-15 15:03:10Prashant SinghSuzuki working on a 250cc Gixxer
- 2015-09-23 12:25:00Prashant SinghRear disc Gixxer and Gixxer SF spied
- 2015-11-02 18:17:54Prashant SinghAs festive season Approaches, Suzuki Gixxer crosses 10,000 mark in October sales
- 2015-12-04 12:32:53Prashant SinghSuzuki to launch the new Gixxer 250 by March next year
- 2016-03-18 15:34:58Prashant SinghSuzuki aims to double the exports figures this year
- 2016-04-15 16:06:24Prashant SinghSuzuki Gixxer rear disc variant launched; Price is Rs 79,726
- 2016-05-05 16:45:37Neeraj JhaSuzuki announces 2016 Gixxer Cup
- 2016-05-06 19:31:48Neeraj JhaGame changers: 10 bikes that changed the way we ride
- 2016-06-28 13:32:48Neeraj JhaSuzuki Gixxer Cup set to return for Season 2
- 2016-08-16 13:15:52Neeraj JhaSuzuki Gixxer commences Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup
- 2016-09-09 11:32:24Prashant SinghSuzuki launches special edition Gixxer and Gixxer SF