Suzuki Gixxer Outsold by Honda CB Unicorn 160 in January
Snapshot: Interesting news as the Honda CB Unicorn 160 out sells the Suzuki Gixxer in January Sales....
The Suzuki Gixxer has brought in many accolades for the Suzuki Motorcycles Indian branch and indeed the way Suzuki has designed this bike , it surely deserves all the praise it has been getting since its launch. The Gixxer has been gathering up speed on the sales counters and has beaten all its rivals fair and square. However, the Gixxer has found a new competitor in shape of the new Honda CB Unicorn 160 and the competition already seems to be getting all steamy.
According to SIAM, the official industry body of Indian Automobile Manufacturers, Unicorn 160 sold 6,354 units of the bike last month and in comparison, Gixxer’s tally for the complete month of January was 5,541 units, which gives the Honda a lead of about 800 units. Make no mistake in considering that Gixxer’s sales were affected or are slowing down. To give you an idea, Gixxer sold 5,168 units in December 2014. Both these motorcycles individually outsell all the four 150ccs from Hero ‘combined’!
Honda produced a total of 7029 units of Unicorn 160 whereas Suzuki produced 6888 units of their Gixxer in January 2015. Apart from their domestic sales numbers we have mentioned above, Suzuki exported 315 Gixxer's and Honda exported a single unit of their Unicorn 160. However, the Unicorn 160 being a new launch will obviously be more sought after in the initial days of its launch, a more clearer picture will only come around the Unicorn reaches 6-7 month since launch.
We think you'd like...
- 2015-06-02 12:44:47Prashant SinghHonda Unicorn 160 crosses Yamaha FZ's sales figures for April
- 2015-07-28 12:41:28Prashant SinghHonda Unicorn 160 crosses one lakh sales mark
- 2014-05-27 12:35:11Udit VishalSuzuki Gixxer 150's power figures revealed
- 2014-09-09 12:59:06Vidyadhar Sharma Suzuki Gixxer launched in India; priced at Rs. 72199
- 2014-12-16 10:46:04Sunny SoralSpied - Suzuki Gixxer 160 wears some clothes, fully faired version spotted!
- 2015-02-23 17:51:24Sunny SoralScoop: Fully Faired Suzuki Gixxer will launch Mid April 2015
- 2015-03-26 13:47:10Sunny SoralSuzuki Gixxer SF is launching on 7th April, 2014
- 2015-05-04 15:51:05Prashant SinghSuzuki introduced dual-tone colors for the Gixxer 150
- 2015-05-15 14:28:59Sunny SoralSuzuki - No plans for Sub 300cc Bikes and CKD for next 12-18 Months in India
- 2015-05-21 17:43:07Sunny SoralSuzuki Motorcycles India rolling out Gixxer Cup, We give them a Big Thumps Up
- 2015-06-15 15:03:10Prashant SinghSuzuki working on a 250cc Gixxer
- 2015-09-23 12:25:00Prashant SinghRear disc Gixxer and Gixxer SF spied
- 2015-11-02 18:17:54Prashant SinghAs festive season Approaches, Suzuki Gixxer crosses 10,000 mark in October sales
- 2015-12-04 12:32:53Prashant SinghSuzuki to launch the new Gixxer 250 by March next year
- 2016-03-18 15:34:58Prashant SinghSuzuki aims to double the exports figures this year
- 2016-04-15 16:06:24Prashant SinghSuzuki Gixxer rear disc variant launched; Price is Rs 79,726
- 2016-05-05 16:45:37Neeraj JhaSuzuki announces 2016 Gixxer Cup
- 2016-05-06 19:31:48Neeraj JhaGame changers: 10 bikes that changed the way we ride
- 2016-06-28 13:32:48Neeraj JhaSuzuki Gixxer Cup set to return for Season 2
- 2016-08-16 13:15:52Neeraj JhaSuzuki Gixxer commences Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup
- 2016-09-09 11:32:24Prashant SinghSuzuki launches special edition Gixxer and Gixxer SF