Suzuki Gixxer rear disc variant launched; Price is Rs 79,726
Snapshot: The Gixxer has been the most admired motorcycle among its buyers who are looking for stylish bikes with decent performance that too within an affordable range.
Suzuki Motorcycle India has launched its new rear disc brake variant of its most popular 150cc bike Gixxer in Indian two wheeler market today with a price tag of Rs 79,726 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Showcased at Auto Expo 2016, the only visual change this new model has received is the addition of the rear disc brake to provide better safety to its riders. Mechanically, the bike remains identical with the engine and same power output figures.
Talking about the flagship model, the Gixxer has been the most admired motorcycle among its buyers who are looking for stylish bikes with decent performance that too within an affordable range. The designing of the bike has been inspired from its elder sibling - the GSX-R series. It will also be available in a new metallic lush green/glass sparkle black dual tone colour.
Powering its engine is the same 154.9 cc, single cylinder, air-cooled, 4stroke engine that is capable of producing a maximum power output of 14.59bhp at 8,000 rpm and a peak torque of 14 Nm at 6,000rpm. Transmission duties will be carried out by 5-speed gearbox.
On the other hand, the Suzuki Gixxer SF is also expected to receive a new rear disc brake option sometime later this year and may see a price hike of somewhere around Rs 5,000 considering the updated technology involved. Dimensionally the bike measures 1030mm in height, 785mm in width and 2050mm in length. It rides on 17-inch alloy wheels shod with 100/80 on the front and 140/60R on the rear
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-27 12:35:11 Udit Vishal Suzuki Gixxer 150's power figures revealed
- 2014-09-09 12:59:06 Vidyadhar Sharma Suzuki Gixxer launched in India; priced at Rs. 72199
- 2014-12-16 10:46:04 Sunny Soral Spied - Suzuki Gixxer 160 wears some clothes, fully faired version spotted!
- 2015-02-11 15:28:26 Sunny Soral Suzuki Gixxer Outsold by Honda CB Unicorn 160 in January
- 2015-02-23 17:51:24 Sunny Soral Scoop: Fully Faired Suzuki Gixxer will launch Mid April 2015
- 2015-03-26 13:47:10 Sunny Soral Suzuki Gixxer SF is launching on 7th April, 2014
- 2015-05-04 15:51:05 Prashant Singh Suzuki introduced dual-tone colors for the Gixxer 150
- 2015-05-15 14:28:59 Sunny Soral Suzuki - No plans for Sub 300cc Bikes and CKD for next 12-18 Months in India
- 2015-05-21 17:43:07 Sunny Soral Suzuki Motorcycles India rolling out Gixxer Cup, We give them a Big Thumps Up
- 2015-06-15 15:03:10 Prashant Singh Suzuki working on a 250cc Gixxer
- 2015-09-23 12:25:00 Prashant Singh Rear disc Gixxer and Gixxer SF spied
- 2015-11-02 18:17:54 Prashant Singh As festive season Approaches, Suzuki Gixxer crosses 10,000 mark in October sales
- 2015-12-04 12:32:53 Prashant Singh Suzuki to launch the new Gixxer 250 by March next year
- 2016-03-18 15:34:58 Prashant Singh Suzuki aims to double the exports figures this year
- 2016-05-05 16:45:37 Neeraj Jha Suzuki announces 2016 Gixxer Cup
- 2016-05-06 19:31:48 Neeraj Jha Game changers: 10 bikes that changed the way we ride
- 2016-06-28 13:32:48 Neeraj Jha Suzuki Gixxer Cup set to return for Season 2
- 2016-08-16 13:15:52 Neeraj Jha Suzuki Gixxer commences Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup
- 2016-09-09 11:32:24 Prashant Singh Suzuki launches special edition Gixxer and Gixxer SF