Suzuki Gixxer SF is launching on 7th April, 2014
Snapshot: Suzuki is all set to further its stronghold in the 150cc motorcycle segment with launch of Gixxer SF!!!!
We were proud to bring to you all the first ever completely undisguised pictures of the Suzuki Gixxer SF, the fully faired cousin of our favourite 150-180cc class bike in the country at the moment, the Suzuki Gixxer. Expected to take the resurgent of Suzuki in the motorcycle market of India further, the Gixxer SF very smartly captures the image in its tiny dimensions, of the most famous Suzuki motorcycle in the country, Hayabusa.
Expected to arrive with the same 155cc that powers the Gixxer, the Gixxer SF might see a small bump in power outputs to negate an increase in weight due to the fairing. Also, the bike will arrive with a rear disc brake against that of the drum brakes found on the Gixxer. The air-cooled motor that produces 14.8 PS of power at 8000 RPM and 14 Nm of torque at 6000 RPM, should give the faired Gixxer a good grunt for city rides as well as for stretching its legs on the highway.
Interestingly, Suzuki has stayed away from putting clip on handle bars on the Gixxer SF while keeping the straight short bars of the Gixxer. This would mean that along with the added fairing, the Gixxer SF will be a perfect power commuter to go for long rides and in comfort. Expect the Yamaha Fazer to feel the most heat from the Gixxer SF. Suzuki seems to replicate its straight fight and win with the Yamaha FZ-S V2.0 by the Gixxer, with the new fully faired version surely to lock horns with the Fazer V2.0.
We are expecting the price of the dully faired Suzuki Gixxer SF to be higher by around 10,000-12,000 than the standard street naked Gixxer meaning it should start around 86,000 INR to 90,000 INR. Stay with us as we bring more news about this launch.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-27 12:35:11 Udit Vishal Suzuki Gixxer 150's power figures revealed
- 2014-09-09 12:59:06 Vidyadhar Sharma Suzuki Gixxer launched in India; priced at Rs. 72199
- 2014-12-16 10:46:04 Sunny Soral Spied - Suzuki Gixxer 160 wears some clothes, fully faired version spotted!
- 2015-02-11 15:28:26 Sunny Soral Suzuki Gixxer Outsold by Honda CB Unicorn 160 in January
- 2015-02-23 17:51:24 Sunny Soral Scoop: Fully Faired Suzuki Gixxer will launch Mid April 2015
- 2015-05-04 15:51:05 Prashant Singh Suzuki introduced dual-tone colors for the Gixxer 150
- 2015-05-15 14:28:59 Sunny Soral Suzuki - No plans for Sub 300cc Bikes and CKD for next 12-18 Months in India
- 2015-05-21 17:43:07 Sunny Soral Suzuki Motorcycles India rolling out Gixxer Cup, We give them a Big Thumps Up
- 2015-06-15 15:03:10 Prashant Singh Suzuki working on a 250cc Gixxer
- 2015-09-23 12:25:00 Prashant Singh Rear disc Gixxer and Gixxer SF spied
- 2015-11-02 18:17:54 Prashant Singh As festive season Approaches, Suzuki Gixxer crosses 10,000 mark in October sales
- 2015-12-04 12:32:53 Prashant Singh Suzuki to launch the new Gixxer 250 by March next year
- 2016-03-18 15:34:58 Prashant Singh Suzuki aims to double the exports figures this year
- 2016-04-15 16:06:24 Prashant Singh Suzuki Gixxer rear disc variant launched; Price is Rs 79,726
- 2016-05-05 16:45:37 Neeraj Jha Suzuki announces 2016 Gixxer Cup
- 2016-05-06 19:31:48 Neeraj Jha Game changers: 10 bikes that changed the way we ride
- 2016-06-28 13:32:48 Neeraj Jha Suzuki Gixxer Cup set to return for Season 2
- 2016-08-16 13:15:52 Neeraj Jha Suzuki Gixxer commences Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup
- 2016-09-09 11:32:24 Prashant Singh Suzuki launches special edition Gixxer and Gixxer SF
- 2014-09-11 18:02:41 Arjit Garg Yamaha Fazer FI V2.0 launched at Rs 94,305