Suzuki working on a 250cc Gixxer
Snapshot: The new 250cc Gixxer might makes its way to 2016 Auto-Expo
The Japanese automaker recently discontinued the Inzuma 250cc from the market because of its low sales. Now Suzuki is working on a new quarter-litre engine for the new bigger Gixxer 250. The new bigger Gixxer will be the successor of famous Gixxer 150. The bigger Gixxer will be based on a whole new platform having a bigger engine made with all new philosophy.
Other major international brands like KTM, Honda and Kawasaki have some of their solid offerings in the quarter litre segments in Indian market. Yamaha and Mahindra will also be joining the same league very soon with their new same segment motorcycles. In short words the quarter litre segment is getting fired up and soon we will have a bunch of new motorcycles to choose from.
If news from some sources is to be believed, Suzuki will be unveiling the Gixxer 250 in the Auto-Expo next year and same might be launched in late 2016. While there are no technical details available but we can assume the new 250 will be capable enough of producing around 28bhp of power and will be equipped with disk brakes at the front as well as at the rear. If launched between the price-range of 1.5 lakhs the new bigger Gixxer will hit the market by storm and no doubts it will repeat the success story of the younger Gixxer 150.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-27 12:35:11Udit VishalSuzuki Gixxer 150's power figures revealed
- 2014-09-09 12:59:06Vidyadhar Sharma Suzuki Gixxer launched in India; priced at Rs. 72199
- 2014-12-16 10:46:04Sunny SoralSpied - Suzuki Gixxer 160 wears some clothes, fully faired version spotted!
- 2015-02-11 15:28:26Sunny SoralSuzuki Gixxer Outsold by Honda CB Unicorn 160 in January
- 2015-02-23 17:51:24Sunny SoralScoop: Fully Faired Suzuki Gixxer will launch Mid April 2015
- 2015-03-26 13:47:10Sunny SoralSuzuki Gixxer SF is launching on 7th April, 2014
- 2015-05-04 15:51:05Prashant SinghSuzuki introduced dual-tone colors for the Gixxer 150
- 2015-05-15 14:28:59Sunny SoralSuzuki - No plans for Sub 300cc Bikes and CKD for next 12-18 Months in India
- 2015-05-21 17:43:07Sunny SoralSuzuki Motorcycles India rolling out Gixxer Cup, We give them a Big Thumps Up
- 2015-09-23 12:25:00Prashant SinghRear disc Gixxer and Gixxer SF spied
- 2015-11-02 18:17:54Prashant SinghAs festive season Approaches, Suzuki Gixxer crosses 10,000 mark in October sales
- 2015-12-04 12:32:53Prashant SinghSuzuki to launch the new Gixxer 250 by March next year
- 2016-03-18 15:34:58Prashant SinghSuzuki aims to double the exports figures this year
- 2016-04-15 16:06:24Prashant SinghSuzuki Gixxer rear disc variant launched; Price is Rs 79,726
- 2016-05-05 16:45:37Neeraj JhaSuzuki announces 2016 Gixxer Cup
- 2016-05-06 19:31:48Neeraj JhaGame changers: 10 bikes that changed the way we ride
- 2016-06-28 13:32:48Neeraj JhaSuzuki Gixxer Cup set to return for Season 2
- 2016-08-16 13:15:52Neeraj JhaSuzuki Gixxer commences Red Bull Road to Rookies Cup
- 2016-09-09 11:32:24Prashant SinghSuzuki launches special edition Gixxer and Gixxer SF