- Tata Altroz to come with three engines.
- Tata Altroz to come with segment-best features.
- Production-ready Tata Altroz could be showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo.
Tata Altroz India Launch With BS6 Engines Pushed to Q1 2020
Snapshot: The primary reason behind pushing the Tata Altroz launch to Q1 2020 is the introduction of BS 6 certified petrol and diesel engines instead of BS 4 engines.
Tata Motors has pushed the launch of all-new Altroz hatchback to 2020 in the Indian market. Having its world premiere at the 2018 Auto Expo as 45X Concept, it was expected to launch around the festive season of this year in the country.
The primary reason for delaying the launch was to introduce the hatch with BS 6 certified engines in the first place instead of first launching it with BS 4 compliant engines and then before April 2020, updating with BS 6 engines. Tata Altroz will take on the likes of Maruti Baleno and Hyundai i20 in India.
Tata Altroz will adorn the Design 2.0 design language of the company while equipped with multiple premium features in the form of a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android & a first-in-class part-digital instrument cluster. The hatch will also have a boot capacity of 341 liters with adequate legroom and headroom even for the rear seat occupants.
Tata Motors is expected to launch the Altroz with an exceptionally belligerent price range of Rs 5-8 Lakhs in petrol and diesel fuel trims. The company is planning to undercut its rival by several thousand as base variants and top variants of Hyundai i20, Maruti Baleno, Toyota Glanza and Honda Jazz stand at Rs 5.53 Lakhs & Rs 9.34 Lakhs, Rs 5.89 Lakhs & Rs 8.90 Lakhs, Rs 7.22 Lakhs & Rs 8.90 Lakhs, and Rs 7.45 Lakhs & Rs 9.41 Lakhs (All prices are Ex. Showroom, Delhi), respectively.
Mechanically, Tata Altroz will be offered with a total of three engines: 85bhp naturally aspirated 1.2L 3-cylinder petrol engine sourced from Tiago, 102bhp 1.2L 3-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine from Nexon and Tiago JTP and a 90bhp 1.5L 4-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine borrowed from the Nexon. The company will offer these engines with a manual transmission while the AMT gearbox could be available as an option with range-topping variants.
Related car news
- 22-01-2020 Autoportal Team Much-awaited Tata Altroz launched in 5 variants starting fro...
- 25-10-2019 Autoportal Team Tata Altroz To Be Unveiled in December 2019, Launch Early Ne...
- 14-08-2019 Autoportal Team Six Upcoming Tata Motors Cars in India Launching by August 2...
- 29-07-2019 Prachi Walia Tata Altroz Teaser Video Leaked; Bookings will Open Soon
- 06-03-2019 Autoportal Team Tata Motors Unveils 4 New Models at 2019 Geneva Motor Show
- 11-12-2019 Prachi Walia Confirmed: Tata Altroz Will be Launching in India on 22 Janu...
- Most Popular