The car manufacturing giant Tatas has introduced a newer mode of Aria in the Motor Show at Geneva in March. Tata Aria was launched earlier as well but failed to hook the interests of the public. Tata then made some changes to the car and it was again presented in its improved version at the motor show in Geneva. Additions are made both to the interior and exterior of the car, new items are added or existing ones are improved. The car manufacturer hopes that in its new version it would be acceptable to the car enthusiasts. It will be launched very soon in India, most probably in the last six months of the current year.
The improved version of Aria is the only vehicle from Tatas to have automatic transmission system so far, and is likely to help drivers the drive the car effortlessly. Other additions and improvement are as follows:
- Old 2.2L ‘Dicor’ engine remains but now it has a good “turbocharger” and improved engine control unit. With these improvements and additions the car is expected to go between 138 BHP to 158 BHP and get extra torque.
- To go with the powerful engine the gear system is changed from manual to automatic transmission system. Aria now has a system of automatic transmission at the speed of six.
- Following improvements are made to the exterior of the car:
- Running lights for day as well
- Inserts in black color are placed in the head lamps.
- Wheels are nineteen inches and made out of alloy.
- The body has two-tone paint.
- The dashboard now has the following items:
- A“GPS system”
- A new and advanced music-system.
- Extra safety devices like 6 air bags in case of emergency and advanced safety features E.S.C. and T.C.S.
Tata Motors sold less than a thousand Arias (821) between April of the last year and January of this year, while its rivals Mahindra Motors sold nearly 38,000 cars in the same category during this period. Tata hopes that with extra engine power, automatic transmission system, extra improvement to exterior and interior of the car and new safety system they would improve the sales of the car.