- With its extensive range of passenger, electric, and commercial vehicles, Tata Motors aims to go beyond BSVI to connect India’s aspirations.
- Tata coins the motto CESS “Connected, Electric, Shared, and Safe” as its prime focus.
- An extensive range of vehicles on display with four global unveils, a pre-production and commercial launch.
- Maximum number of BS6 models on display.
- Unveiled vehicles include the HBX Show Car, the Sierra EV Concept, and the Hexa Safari Edition.
- Launch of the Harrier 2020 at Rs 13.69 lakhs for the manual and Rs 16.25 for the automatic variant.
- A pre-production version of the Tata Gravitas teased.
- Global unveiling of Tata Winger and Tata Prima Facelift 5530.S
- An exciting array of electric vehicles across passenger and commercial segments
- Dynamic Test Drive of the Nexon EV
- High-quality customer engagement by gamifying the EV drive experience.
- Runner Quiz on the Tata Motors Auto Expo app.
An Auto Expo in India, and you can expect Tata Motors to steal the show with its magnificent array of vehicles lines up for launching, unveiling, and showcasing at the event. Tata Motors has lined up four global unveils, a pre-production and commercial launch, and showcased 14 commercial and passenger vehicles.
Tata Motors stands tall for its commitment towards Make In India by focusing on the four pillars of the future of mobility, Connected, Electric, Shared, and Safe. Tata Motors occupies a prime area of more than 6000 square metres divided into four thematic zones, Live, Play, Move, and Build. Tata Motors aims to capture and hold the attention of visitors from all generations using these four thematic zones.
Tata Motors is represented by its top brass including the Tata Sons Group Chairman, N Chandrasekharan and MD & CEO, Guenter Butschek.
N Chandrasekharan commented on the thematic zones and the role that Tata Motors plays in providing a transformative ecosystem solution in India. Tata Motors has the most extensive array of BS6-compliant vehicles on display. It shows their commitment towards a clean and green environment. Electric cars are proving to be the pulse of the Auto Expo. The Tata Group has taken the lead in providing an exciting range of sustainable mobility solutions such as the launching of the Tata uniEVerse, a holistic approach that addresses all aspects of e-mobility solutions.
Mr Butschek expressed his excitement by stating that Tata vehicles are not only BSVI-compliant but also equipped to meet the mobility aspirations of the Indian clientele. He added that each Tata product has been designed to provide the maximum delight to the customer. He also focused on the CESS design by stating that the four pillars can revolutionise the mobility agenda and reiterate what Tatas always stand for, “Connecting India, responsibly and sustainably.”
The unveiling of the Tata Fleet – BS6 Commercial Vehicles
- Tata Winger – This vehicle sets new standards in the commercial vehicles segment by providing the highest levels of style, safety, comfort, and space. Superior aesthetics, comfortable ergonomics, and better economics play a vital role in making the Tata Winger soar towards the skies in its category.
- New Tata Prima 5530.S Facelift – This flagship model is an epitome of high-quality automotive engineering. This magnificent commercial vehicle features a robust drivetrain of ISBe 6.7L 300hp BS6-compliant engine with a G1150 gearbox to ensure the most exceptional durability and reliability. This vehicle is renowned for delivering the highest degree of fuel efficiency.
Besides, the company displayed 14 BS6 range of products covering every segment from the sub-1-ton to the 55-ton GVW with more than 140 approvals and 19 engines.
The Magnificence of Tata’s Passenger Vehicles
The highlight of the Auto Expo 2020 was the showcasing of the NEW FOREVER range of passenger vehicles with 12 of them displaying the IMPACT DESIGN 2.0 across various cars and UVs.
Tata Motors unveiled the following two path-breaking concepts based on ALFA ARC (Agile Light Flexible Advanced Architecture).
- HBX Showcar, an extension of the H2X Concept
- Tata Sierra EV Concept, a fully electric SUV
Besides, Tata also unveiled the Hexa Safari Edition, an exotic combination of the Safari and the Hexa.
The whole of India was waiting for the launch of the Tata Harrier 2020. Tata Motors has announced its launch at Rs 13.69 lakhs for the manual variant, and Rs 16.25 for the automatic one. The best aspect of the launch is the One India One Price concept. Inspired by the Land Rover’s D8 platform and customised specially for India as the OMEGA ARC (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced Architecture), this vehicle comes with a BS6-compliant 170ps Kryotec diesel engine that mates with a 6-speed auto transmission system.
Bookings are open for the Tata Harrier 2020 with the first vehicles to roll out by the end of this month. Tata has also displayed its new flagship SUV, the Tata Gravitas in its production-spec version. The car could get launch by the first half of 2021.
Electric Vehicles – Fantastic Range
True to its commitment of ensuring a clean and green environment, Tata Motors has put on display an electrifying range of EVs, such as the Nexon EV, Altroz EV, the Tata 4/12 Low Floor Entry Electric Bus, and the Tata Ultra T.7 Electric, India’s first intermediate commercial electric truck.
This magnificent array of vehicles on display is an unmatchable one.