- Tata Nexon EV is launching on January 28, 2020.
- The company has not announced the Tata Nexon EV price as of today.
- The SUV will be available at 66 Tata dealerships in 30 cities across 12 states in the country.
The Tata Nexon EV is getting ready for a launch on January 28, 2020. Though Tata Motors has not announced the price, it could be in the range of Rs 15 to 17 lakhs. The vehicle will go on sale through 66 Tata dealerships located in 30 cities across 12 states in India.
- West India – The states of Rajasthan, Maharashtra and Gujarat account for 27 dealerships in the major cities like Jaipur (3), Ahmedabad (3), Surat (2), Mumbai (5), Pune (7), Navi Mumbai and Thane district (6), and Nagpur (1).
- North India – The North Indian states like Delhi NCR, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh will see the Tata Nexon EV available in 14 dealerships located in the cities of Lucknow, Kanpur, Ludhiana, Chandigarh, and Delhi NCR.
- South India – Bangalore will be having the maximum number of dealerships (9) offering the Tata Nexon EV with Hyderabad (5) and Chennai (4) following closely. The EV will be available in all the southern states of the country.
- East India – Kolkata is the sole representative from East India that will be selling the Tata Nexon EV after its launch on January 28, 2020.
The best part of the launch is that all these dealerships will be servicing the Nexon EV by featuring charging stations with DC fast chargers having capacities up to 25kW. Customers who do not reside in the nominated towns can reach out to the nearest available Tata dealership for the service requirements.
The Tata Nexon EV is based on the new Ziptron electrical architecture. This electric vehicle draws its power from a 30.2kWh Li-ion battery. This battery connects to a motor that can deliver an excellent 129hp of power and a torque of 245Nm.
Reports say that the Tata Nexon EV can clock 312km on a full charge. The DC fast charger available at these charging stations can recharge the battery to 80% in one hour. However, the time taken for a 15A AC supply for recharging the vehicle is around eight to nine hours.
Tata Nexon has a reputation to maintain in the safety aspect. This electric SUV comes equipped with excellent safety features like ABS, dual front airbags, Isofix child seat mounts, seatbelt reminders, rear parking sensors, and a high-speed alert system.
Three variants of the Tata Nexon EV will be on display at the launch. The top-end XZ+ LUX interiors come with excellent features like keyless entry, automatic climate control, 7-inch touchscreen info system, sunroof, rear camera and leatherette upholstery. On the exterior front, the vehicle comes with 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, automatic wipers and headlamps, among other notable features.
Tata Motors is proceeding cautiously with the launch. Hence, it is releasing the vehicle in 30 cities in India instead of a pan-Indian launch. However, the strategy is not a new one because MG ZS EV was launched in five cities, and the Hyundai Kona Electric in 11 cities only.
The price announcement will be made at the time of the launch tomorrow on January 28, 2020. As on date, the Tata Nexon EV does not have any competitors in its pricing range. However, the Mahindra XUV300 electric vehicle could come by in 2021.