The 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R units recalled over bracket bolts issue
Snapshot: It is still not known if the 2016 ZX-10R units shipped to India will be affected by this recall or not.
The Japanese motorcycle maker, Kawasaki, launched their highly awaited 2016 Ninja ZX-10R in the Indian market recently and according to the recent reports Kawasaki has issued a recall notice MC16-03 for all 2016 Ninja ZX-10R models. The reports by the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says, the over-tightening of the bracket bolts on the damper may result the bracket to break. Around 805 units have been reportedly affected in the US alone while the number of units affected globally is not known yet. The motorcycle was first introduced at the 2015 Tokyo Motor Show and was praised world-wide for the significant updates it received over the last generation ZX-10R. Not only the bike received redesigned bodywork but also a lighter engine components to complement the over-all updates.
It is still not known if the 2016 ZX-10R units shipped to India will be affected by this recall or not. The new model generates 200bhp of maximum power and the same can be revved up to near 207bhp with ram air. Though there isn’t any increase in the power but this engine churns our marginally high torque which stands at 113.5Nm on 11,500rpm. The Japanese motorcycle maker also claims that the new 2016 ZX-10R has been developed by taking inputs from the company’s WSBK team and is the closest Ninja every made to the factory superbikes.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-10 12:14:46Arjit Garg4 Cylinders, 250cc bike! Sounds crazy? Read what Kawasaki is planning
- 2014-09-17 14:47:44Arjit GargFirst action video of Kawasaki H2 launched
- 2014-09-19 12:42:16BikePortal TeamNinja H2 specs leaked!
- 2014-09-19 18:01:59Arjit Garg2015 Kawasaki Ninja lineup revealed
- 2014-09-30 14:28:22Arjit GargSuperbike or Spaceship? Ninja H2 images leaked
- 2014-09-30 15:55:01Arjit GargVideo- Ninja H2 finally launched
- 2015-04-03 16:58:10Prashant SinghKawasaki Ninja H2 launched in India at INR 29 lakhs
- 2015-09-03 16:30:24Prashant SinghKawasaki Ninja 1000 to be equipped with Slipper Clutch and ABS technology
- 2015-09-08 12:12:59Prashant SinghThe new H2 based Ninja ZX-10R to be unveiled at the EICMA 2015
- 2015-09-11 11:26:22Prashant SinghVideo: Kawasaki Ninja H2 V/S Buggati Veyron
- 2015-10-09 12:16:16Prashant SinghKawasaki Reveals the 2016 ZX-10R in Spain
- 2015-10-26 12:37:03Prashant SinghKawasaki Teases new color on Ninja H2 via promotional video
- 2015-11-06 11:15:46Prashant SinghSo the Special Edition Ninja 300 is here!
- 2015-11-26 11:03:52Prashant SinghK Rajini grabs the first position at the Malaysia Superbike Championship
- 2015-11-30 11:11:17Prashant SinghKawasaki to soon introduce the 2016 ZX-10R in India
- 2015-12-16 18:42:40Prashant SinghThe 2016 Ninja ZX-14R to make 10bhp less than the present model
- 2016-02-15 12:11:05Prashant SinghCheck out the limited edition Ninja 250 introduced by Kawasaki in Indonesia
- 2016-04-26 17:13:08Prashant SinghMeet the new Evolution Line Carbon exhaust by Akrapovic