The 2016 Ninja ZX-14R to make 10bhp less than the present model
Snapshot: It is expected to be launched globally soon and will make way to Indian market just after that.
The Japanese motorcycle maker launched its most aggressive offering against the Suzuki’s Hayabusa in September 2013. The mighty Ninja ZX14R took the centre stage for the Japanese motorcycle maker. The bike was claimed to have an atrocious power rating of 200bhp, but it was capable of making about 10bhp more than claimed (according to Environmental Protection Agency test). The 2016 model will be launched soon and is expected to make 10bhp less than the present gen ZX14R, which is 199.9bhp.
The bike propels the 1441cc Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, four-valve per cylinder, inline-four engine. But there is a change, unlike previous ‘oxidising’ catalytic converter the engine has a three-way catalyst which has resulted in the peak power decrement and reduction in carbon monoxide emissions. All these changes are reported in the US models, but it is expected that the European models will go through the same changes as well to comply with the Euro-6 emission rules. It is expected to be launched globally soon and will make way to Indian market just after that. Share your views with us in the comment section below.
Source - BikeWale.com
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-10 12:14:46Arjit Garg4 Cylinders, 250cc bike! Sounds crazy? Read what Kawasaki is planning
- 2014-09-17 14:47:44Arjit GargFirst action video of Kawasaki H2 launched
- 2014-09-19 12:42:16BikePortal TeamNinja H2 specs leaked!
- 2014-09-19 18:01:59Arjit Garg2015 Kawasaki Ninja lineup revealed
- 2014-09-30 14:28:22Arjit GargSuperbike or Spaceship? Ninja H2 images leaked
- 2014-09-30 15:55:01Arjit GargVideo- Ninja H2 finally launched
- 2015-04-03 16:58:10Prashant SinghKawasaki Ninja H2 launched in India at INR 29 lakhs
- 2015-09-03 16:30:24Prashant SinghKawasaki Ninja 1000 to be equipped with Slipper Clutch and ABS technology
- 2015-09-08 12:12:59Prashant SinghThe new H2 based Ninja ZX-10R to be unveiled at the EICMA 2015
- 2015-09-11 11:26:22Prashant SinghVideo: Kawasaki Ninja H2 V/S Buggati Veyron
- 2015-10-09 12:16:16Prashant SinghKawasaki Reveals the 2016 ZX-10R in Spain
- 2015-10-26 12:37:03Prashant SinghKawasaki Teases new color on Ninja H2 via promotional video
- 2015-11-06 11:15:46Prashant SinghSo the Special Edition Ninja 300 is here!
- 2015-11-26 11:03:52Prashant SinghK Rajini grabs the first position at the Malaysia Superbike Championship
- 2015-11-30 11:11:17Prashant SinghKawasaki to soon introduce the 2016 ZX-10R in India
- 2016-02-15 12:11:05Prashant SinghCheck out the limited edition Ninja 250 introduced by Kawasaki in Indonesia
- 2016-03-09 16:12:45Prashant SinghThe 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R units recalled over bracket bolts issue
- 2016-04-26 17:13:08Prashant SinghMeet the new Evolution Line Carbon exhaust by Akrapovic