Triumph is Recalling Multiple Models for Fault in ECU!!
Snapshot: Triumph recalls its model range for faulty ECU at USA!
Reports are coming in from USA that, Triumph is recalling a number of its models for faulty engine control units (ECUs), which may improperly activate the bikes’ fuel injectors. The recall affects the 2014 and 2015 model year Triumph Thunderbird, Thunderbird ABS, Tiger 800, Tiger 800 ABS, Thruxton, and Bonneville motorcycles manufactured between February 6, 2014 and August 7, 2014.
It’s not clear how many total motorcycles this recall affects, as Triumph lists the number currently as “0” with NHTSA, but given the number of models involved and the wide timeframe given on the production dates, this might just be a massive number of motorcycles to be involved. According to Triumph, the affected ECU’s improperly signal the activation of the bikes’ fuel injectors. This can cause a loss of power on affected machines, which could induce a crash.
Triumph will notify owners, and dealers will modify the internal ECU hardware, free of charge. This recall has already begun on November 6, 2014.
All Affected Triumph Models for This Recall:
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH AMERICA
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH BONNEVILLE T100
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH ROCKET III ROADSTER
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH ROCKET III TOURING
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH ROCKET III TOURING ABS
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH SPEEDMASTER
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH THRUXTON
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH THUNDERBIRD
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH THUNDERBIRD ABS
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH THUNDERBIRD STORM
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH TIGER 800
- 2014-2015 TRIUMPH TIGER 800 ABS
There is no news till today if the motorcycles Triumph has sold in India during the period are also affected by the faulty ECU's or not. Rest assured, we are looking closely at the developments on this front and will notify you all as soon as we get any more details regarding the same.
We think you'd like...