TVS Akula 310 might be launched as Apache RTR 300
Snapshot: The bike is speculated to go on sale in domestic bike market by the end of 2016.
We have reported you earlier that the TVS Motor Company is working on a production version of its Akula 310 Concept, which was unveiled at recently held Auto Expo 2016. Based on BMW G310R, this upcoming bike is expected to go on sale by the end of this year. It will compete against Yamaha R3, Kawasaki Ninja 300, KTM RC 390 and other in its segment. According to recent media reports, the new Akula 310 could be launched as Apache RTR 300 in the domestic market; however, there has been no official announcement from the company.
It will share the same 313cc, single cylinder, four-stroke, water cooled engine that also powers the BMW G310R. Though the maker has not yet revealed the power figures of the bike, but it is speculated to produce around 32bhp of power and an expected peak torque of 27Nm. Power to the rear wheel is transferred by six-speed gearbox.
It received notable feature such as Anti-braking system (ABS), steering damper, projector headlamps, LED tail-lights, tall windshield, alloy wheels with Pirelli tubeless tyres, split seats and radial callipers. If priced correctly and we are sure it will be, this upcoming 300cc will create a massive stir in the Indian Market. We expect it to come with a price tag of somewhere between Rs 1.80 lakh to 2 lakh.
We think you'd like...
- 2016-02-09 10:59:11Prashant SinghBMW G310 R to be launched in the festive season this year
- 2016-03-31 12:08:41Prashant SinghBMW displays Made-In-India G 310 R at the Bangkok Motor Show
- 2016-04-21 11:40:22Neeraj JhaTVS BMW G310R to launch in India this festive season; Expected price and specification
- 2016-05-04 12:55:06Neeraj JhaVideo: TVS BMW G310R spied testing in India; launching soon
- 2016-05-13 12:28:16Neeraj JhaVideo: BMW G 310 R official TV Commercial released
- 2016-05-23 12:24:18Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R to officially launch in October 2016
- 2016-06-16 14:32:10Prashant SinghBMW G310R caught getting tested on Indian soil again
- 2016-06-27 13:58:13Neeraj JhaBMW Motorrad to Launch Comic based on G 310 R Motorcycle
- 2016-06-30 13:06:15Prashant SinghBMW G310 R goes on sale in UK market
- 2016-07-07 13:51:22Neeraj JhaBMW Commences Production of G 310 R; Launch in October 2016
- 2016-07-08 16:29:03Neeraj JhaOptional Accessories for BMW G 310 R
- 2016-07-21 13:33:10Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R Launch in India postponed
- 2016-07-22 15:35:47Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R new promotional video released
- 2016-07-22 16:17:06Prashant SinghBMW G310R to be offered with Michelin tyres
- 2016-07-28 18:24:28Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R Test Ride with KTM Duke 390 and Yamaha MT03
- 2016-08-08 16:53:55Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R Motorcycle spotted again; India Launch in 2017
- 2016-08-09 14:10:49Neeraj JhaVideo: BMW G 310 R Exhaust sound; Indian Launch in 2017