TVS RTR 250 to be launched in January 2015
Snapshot: New RTR 250 will be based on very same concept of Draken. It will be interesting to see how TVS will integrate all these features in a already good looking bike.
Way back in 1996 when TVS launched its scooty, nobody would have imagined that this conglomerate from south will ever become a big name in motorcycle market. But come 2007, they took the motorcycling industry by storm when they launched TVS Apache. They proved to be a tough competitor to the likes of Bajaj and Hero. Till now over Million Apaches are on Indian roads.
But somewhere in this ever increasing fierce motorcycling competition, TVS got lost. Although they tried their best with certain innovations like introducing ABS in its class which was first of its kind in Indian market. Still they were unable to hold on to customers nerves.
In 2014 Auto Expo Delhi, they showcased a concept named Draken (Terrifying name, I know). Rumors were that it can take a shape into new RTR 250. If rumors have to be believed and after confirming from sources we can confirm that RTR 250 can very well be launched around Mid January 15. Going through how interesting the current motorcycling scene has become with the launch of KTM's RC series and soon to be launched Hero's and Honda's mid segment bikes, we can say that TVS can again emerge as a tough rival.
There were certain features that Draken showcased in Auto Expo 14. New RTR 250 will be based on very same concept of Draken. It will be interesting to see how TVS will integrate all these features in a already good looking bike.
- Active digital speedometer
- Shorter tail
- Offset mono shock suspension
- Reversed free flow exhaust unit
- Full LED headlamps with daytime running lights
- Trellis sub-frame
Rumored price is around 1.3 lakh. Till the time 250 is launched, you can have a look at RTR 180 details by clicking here.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-06-12 17:48:40 Udit Vishal TVS Draken being showcased in Indonesia
- 2015-06-05 17:47:53 Prashant Singh Exclusive- Draken X21 based Apache caught testing
- 2015-10-12 11:45:39 Prashant Singh TVS Apache RTR 160 to be launched in Limited Edition 'Matte Blue'
- 2016-01-18 11:15:33 Prashant Singh This is what the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V looks like