Video - Bajaj Pulsar RS200 official teaser released
Snapshot: Bajaj Pulsar 200 SS will be called Pulsar 200 RS.
Bajaj Auto India is out of the news for quite a long time now, but its Turkish subsidiary is creating a lot of ripples in the markets and that too because of one reason - the Bajaj RS200. After much of teasing and camouflaged images, the Turkey subsidiary has revealed the official specs for the motorcycle along with a 30 second teaser video.
As per the specs revealed, the RS 200 will borrow the power unit from the Pulsar 200 NS that is powered 199.5 single cylinder liquid cooled DTSi engine. But, the similarities end here and both the power and torque figures are different now. The new engine delivers 24.4 ps of power at 9500 rpm and 18.6 Nm at 8000 rpm, meaning that the RS 200 is about 0.90 ps more powerful than NS200, while it's about 1 ps less powerful than the Duke 200.
Adding the fairing to the Pulsar NS 200 has increased the weight of RS 200 by around 6kg and it weighs 151kg. But that doesn't mean that the performance will be hampered by the increased weight. Though the mileage is not officially revealed, the tank size is reduced to 12 litre, which is 2.3 litre less than the Pulsar NS 200.
Overall the design of the motorcycle is more streamlined and that is evident by the change in dimensions. The bike is 2060 mm long, 1160 mm tall, and 750 mm wide and the ground clearance is 165 mm. Comparing it to NS 200, the RS200 is longer by 43 mm, shorter by 35 mm, and narrower by 54 mm and the ground clearance is reduced by 2 mm.
On the design front, the addition of fairing helps Pulsar RS 200 gets a twin projector headlamp with LED DRLs along with a diamond shaped LED taillights. Overall, the fairing has made the Pulsar RS 200 sportier.
There is no official word for the launch of Bajaj Pulsar 200 RS, but the speculations are that the faired bike will be launched somewhere in the mid-2015 in Turkey followed by launch in the home country. Pricing could be upwards of 200 NS upto Rs 20000 and it will compete against the KTM RC 200.
We think you'd like...
- 2015-02-13 11:29:13Sunny SoralThe All Black Pulsar 200SS comes out under Sun and it is Stunning
- 2015-03-23 12:44:22Prashant SinghDual channel ABS spied on Bajaj pulsar RS200
- 2015-03-24 13:20:43Sunny SoralIs the Bajaj Pulsar 200AS Arriving in June 2015?
- 2015-03-25 11:56:14Prashant SinghDetailed images of Bajaj Pulsar RS200 ABS out, launches tomorrow!
- 2015-03-26 13:09:29Prashant SinghBajaj finally launches the much awaited Pulsar starting from INR 1.18 lakhs
- 2015-04-30 10:23:43Prashant SinghBajaj Pulsar 200RS crossed 3,500 bookings in the 1st month of launch