Video- Ninja H2 finally launched
Snapshot: The model unveiled is a closed course model, meaning the H2 is only available for the track purposes.
Okay, okay! No more teaser videos, no more speculations. After teasing the motorcycling aficionados with a series of teasers and news, popping out every now and then about the leaked specs and the images, the Kawasaki finally launched the Ninja H2 today at the Intermot, Cologne, Germany. The unveiling comes with the launch of the 10th video in the series and shows, how spectacular this bike is!
Though, there is a catch in the story. The model unveiled is a closed course model, meaning the H2 is only available for the track purposes. A statement said "The H2 is only available as a closed-course model. Fitted with slick racing tires, it may not be ridden on public roads and should only be ridden by experienced riders." That would explain why the bike don't have any headlight and instead an alien looking front.
A bad news for all the enthusiasts we say, but the good thing is that the company may reveal a street version in the upcoming EICMA show in November. The H2 will get a steel trellis frame complete with single-sided swing-arm. The trellis “provided both the strength to harness the incredible power of the supercharged engine, and balanced flex to help stability for high-speed competition riding.” said a statement. The bodywork is heavily carved out of the carbon fiber and the design is aerodynamically very sound. The Kawasaki Aerospace Company made sure that the bike has minimum drag and for this they developed a special Mirror-finish black chrome paint.
Engine: Supercharged, In-line 4 cylinder, liquid cooled
Supercharger: Centrifugal, scroll type
Power: 300HP (Approx)
Frame: Trellis, High tensile steel
Front Tyre: 120/600 R17 (racing slick)
Rear Tyre: 190/650 R17 (racing slick)
Much said and done, we are disappointed by the approach Kawasaki took by launching only a track version, after creating much hype about the bike. Still, we are hopeful that the coming days will see a street legal version too.
Watch the video revealing the bike here.
Kawasaki Ninja H2
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-10 12:14:46Arjit Garg4 Cylinders, 250cc bike! Sounds crazy? Read what Kawasaki is planning
- 2014-09-17 14:47:44Arjit GargFirst action video of Kawasaki H2 launched
- 2014-09-19 12:42:16BikePortal TeamNinja H2 specs leaked!
- 2014-09-19 18:01:59Arjit Garg2015 Kawasaki Ninja lineup revealed
- 2014-09-30 14:28:22Arjit GargSuperbike or Spaceship? Ninja H2 images leaked
- 2015-04-03 16:58:10Prashant SinghKawasaki Ninja H2 launched in India at INR 29 lakhs
- 2015-09-03 16:30:24Prashant SinghKawasaki Ninja 1000 to be equipped with Slipper Clutch and ABS technology
- 2015-09-08 12:12:59Prashant SinghThe new H2 based Ninja ZX-10R to be unveiled at the EICMA 2015
- 2015-09-11 11:26:22Prashant SinghVideo: Kawasaki Ninja H2 V/S Buggati Veyron
- 2015-10-09 12:16:16Prashant SinghKawasaki Reveals the 2016 ZX-10R in Spain
- 2015-10-26 12:37:03Prashant SinghKawasaki Teases new color on Ninja H2 via promotional video
- 2015-11-06 11:15:46Prashant SinghSo the Special Edition Ninja 300 is here!
- 2015-11-26 11:03:52Prashant SinghK Rajini grabs the first position at the Malaysia Superbike Championship
- 2015-11-30 11:11:17Prashant SinghKawasaki to soon introduce the 2016 ZX-10R in India
- 2015-12-16 18:42:40Prashant SinghThe 2016 Ninja ZX-14R to make 10bhp less than the present model
- 2016-02-15 12:11:05Prashant SinghCheck out the limited edition Ninja 250 introduced by Kawasaki in Indonesia
- 2016-03-09 16:12:45Prashant SinghThe 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R units recalled over bracket bolts issue
- 2016-04-26 17:13:08Prashant SinghMeet the new Evolution Line Carbon exhaust by Akrapovic