Yamaha inaugurates new spare parts centre in Tamil Nadu; invested Rs 58 cr
Snapshot: Yamaha Motor India invested Rs 580 crore in its new Spare Part Centre in its Chennai Plant, Tamil Nadu.
With the total investment of Rs 58 crore, Yamaha Motor India has inaugurated a new Spare Parts Centre in Tamil Nadu. The new Centre is situated at Company's Chennai Plant with a total area of 30,000 sq. meters. Apart from the officials of Yamaha motors, the Ceremony was attended by Mitsui & Co., Sumitomo Mitsui Construction Co. India Ltd., Transystem Logistic International Pvt. Ltd. and other business associates as well as Top Management members of Yamaha Motor India Group Cos.
Inaugurating the new parts centre, Mr Hiroaki Fujita, Chairman, Yamaha Motor India Group Companies (YMI-G) said, “In the present industry scenario, customer satisfaction is the key to sustenance & growth. Timely supply of genuine spare parts to the customers is the key to success. Our main objective behind the establishment of the new Parts Centre is to cater to the demands of the consumers in South India with Speed, and Quality.”
Yamaha is aiming to ship out the spare parts the next day of receiving orders. Also, it will produce here will be 5 percent more than that of its Bangalore-based warehouse which has been now discontinued. Speedy spare parts supply to customers is very important for high customer satisfaction and the Chennai parts centre will play a key role in achieving the same. At present, IYM has 20 spare parts distributors across 15 states and more than 3,000 spare parts retailers across the country for supply of genuine spare parts to the dealers and customers.
Mr Takashi Terabayashi, Managing Director, IYM said, “The new Centre will play a significant role in achieving IYM Goals. It will contribute to the IYM Profit by strengthening the business foundation and supply chain management operation. The new Centre will support Yamaha business by ensuring smooth supply of quality spare parts in South India as well as other parts of the country and contribute to the achievement of business expansion plans.”
We think you'd like...
- 2015-04-06 11:12:59Prashant SinghYamaha set to launch R3 and MT25 in India in late 2015
- 2015-06-08 15:33:35Sunny SoralExclusive - Yamaha India is Launching YZF-R3 in July!!
- 2015-10-09 18:18:53Prashant SinghYamaha Motors USA orders Recall on R3 for Faulty Upper Triple Clamp
- 2015-11-02 10:59:46Prashant SinghBuy an R3 before 10th November and you might get a chance to ride along Jorge Lorenzo on BIC
- 2015-12-01 11:01:08Prashant SinghJorge Lorenzo is Here and is Riding at BIC Right Now
- 2016-04-06 12:32:16Prashant SinghYamaha sells 600 units of the YZF-R3 since its launch in August 2015
- 2016-06-20 14:33:31Neeraj JhaYamaha R3 recalled in Japan