Yamaha Motors USA orders Recall on R3 for Faulty Upper Triple Clamp
Snapshot: Well itвЂ™s a surprise for us that there are only 16 units which have been diagnosed with a faulty upper triple clamp.
The Japanese motorcycle manufacturer launched its 310cc motorcycle YZF-R3 few months back. Now the company has ordered a recall for 16 units of the same in the US market. The recall involves a faulty upper triple clamp which may break during the ride time and may result in a crash. Presently the recall is announced just for the US market and it is unknown if it involves other markets as well.
The main switch of the bike is also installed in the upper triple clamp and hence Yamaha will also replace the lock sets on all the bikes since the new clamp will come with a new lock and the original keys will not work anymore. So the recalled motorcycles will be given a complete new set of triple clamp, steering lock, fuel filler cap and a main switch.
Yamaha YZF-R3 retails at INR 3.25 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi) and in terms of pricing it is placed in between the KTM RC390 and Kawasaki Ninja 300. We will keep posting further updates on the same news in future. Meanwhile, share your views in the comment section below.
Source - Motorbeam.com
We think you'd like...
- 2015-04-06 11:12:59Prashant SinghYamaha set to launch R3 and MT25 in India in late 2015
- 2015-06-08 15:33:35Sunny SoralExclusive - Yamaha India is Launching YZF-R3 in July!!
- 2015-11-02 10:59:46Prashant SinghBuy an R3 before 10th November and you might get a chance to ride along Jorge Lorenzo on BIC
- 2015-12-01 11:01:08Prashant SinghJorge Lorenzo is Here and is Riding at BIC Right Now
- 2016-04-06 12:32:16Prashant SinghYamaha sells 600 units of the YZF-R3 since its launch in August 2015
- 2016-04-27 16:46:14Neeraj JhaYamaha inaugurates new spare parts centre in Tamil Nadu; invested Rs 58 cr
- 2016-06-20 14:33:31Neeraj JhaYamaha R3 recalled in Japan