Yamaha MT15 spied getting tested in Thailand
Snapshot: In terms of power and torque outputs, MT15 will be similar to the YZF-R15 as both will be sharing the same engine.
We all have seen the new MT-03 but what if we told you Yamaha Motors might be working on a new smaller naked monster based on the YZF-R15. These spy pictures came straight from Thailand where Yamaha is testing the new MT-15 and now there is a high possibility that the same could be launched in near future.
This MT-15 is a naked version of YZF-R15 and should be based on the same engine and underparts as its faired version. From the images it is clear that the MT-15 gets the same Deltabox frame and exhaust as R15 as well. The ergonomics complements the easy riding position and handle bar looks wide and high placed. Surprisingly, the bike was equipped with up-side down forks at the front. The front headlamp and the tank looks completely new and overall the new MT-15 looks promising. Apart from this, the rear tyre hugger looks exactly like the one in R15.
In terms of power and torque output, MT15 will be similar to the YZF-R15 as both will be sharing the same engine. On the other hand it is possible that Yamaha might tune the R15’s engine for slightly more power. The engine we are talking about is a 150cc single cylinder unit that churns out 16bhp of power at 8500rpm and peak torque of 15Nm at 7500rpm. The engine is mated to a six-speed manual transmission. We can’t expect Yamaha Motors India to launch the same in Indian market any soon as talking about 150cc naked streetfighters, Yamaha already have FZ16 and FZ-S in the Indian market. What do you think about the new MT15, share with us your views in the comment section below.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-03-21 17:07:38Udit VishalYamaha Introduces YZF R15 Version 2.0 in new colors
- 2014-04-28 17:27:16Syed Shiraz ShahYamaha R25 caught on road
- 2014-04-30 19:23:17Udit VishalYamaha R25 Spied again in Indonesia
- 2015-05-12 14:48:01Arjit GargYamaha YZF-R15 and YZF-R25 special editions launched in Indonesia
- 2015-09-18 16:21:41Prashant SinghYamaha Motors India Launches the original R15 Version back again, named as YZF R15-S
- 2015-11-25 12:29:11Prashant SinghVideo - Yamaha MT-15/MT Slash to make its debut soon.
- 2016-02-12 11:24:38Prashant SinghYamaha YZF R15v3.0 cought getting tested on Indonesian roads
- 2016-02-22 11:23:30Prashant SinghYamaha introduces the YZF-R15 V2.0 in new colours and a higher price tag
- 2016-09-19 11:51:01Prashant SinghNext gen Yamaha YZF-R15 to get more power and ABS