Yamaha R25 Spied again in Indonesia
Snapshot: Yamaha R25 has been spotted in Indonesia
The much-awaited Yamaha R25 has been spotted once again while being testing over Indonesian roads. Earlier, when spotted, there was no camouflage either when the bike was spotted, but this time round the design is more concrete and shows the final version that will go into production.
We first saw this bike at 2014 Auto Expo and were thrilled with its awe-inspiring design. As seen in the images, the production version is also similarly beefed up but several changes on the name of making it practical are there. Starting with the front fairing to its tail end, the R25 boasts iconic yet aggressive design language as its other siblings. The bike definitely looks a big-ticket model if compared with the R15. Other elements like twin headlamps, white backlit speedometer and a new LED tail lamp unit will accentuate the appeal of the new quarter-litre bike further.
The R25 will get a twin-cylinder, 250cc water-cooled motor to give riders a power feel on the road. Official technical specifications are not declared yet, but we expect it to produce around 35 BHP of power. The front suspension is courtesy telescopic shock absorbers, whilst the rear makes do with a mono-shock setup; with the R25 siting on a new tubular frame, unlike the R15 that is on a perimeter frame. Despite this major change, we expect it to be a more dynamic motorcycle than the R15.
The new player from Yamaha will land on the Indian grounds to compete with the Honda CBR 250R, Kawasaki Ninja 300 and the pocket-rocket KTM Duke 390. Interestingly, if speculations are to be believed, a single-cylinder version of this new 250cc unit is also under consideration in favour of pricing it more aggressively in the market.
Image Source- TMCBlog.com
We think you'd like...
- 2014-03-21 17:07:38Udit VishalYamaha Introduces YZF R15 Version 2.0 in new colors
- 2014-04-28 17:27:16Syed Shiraz ShahYamaha R25 caught on road
- 2015-05-12 14:48:01Arjit GargYamaha YZF-R15 and YZF-R25 special editions launched in Indonesia
- 2015-09-16 12:48:50Prashant SinghYamaha MT15 spied getting tested in Thailand
- 2015-09-18 16:21:41Prashant SinghYamaha Motors India Launches the original R15 Version back again, named as YZF R15-S
- 2015-11-25 12:29:11Prashant SinghVideo - Yamaha MT-15/MT Slash to make its debut soon.
- 2016-02-12 11:24:38Prashant SinghYamaha YZF R15v3.0 cought getting tested on Indonesian roads
- 2016-02-22 11:23:30Prashant SinghYamaha introduces the YZF-R15 V2.0 in new colours and a higher price tag
- 2016-09-19 11:51:01Prashant SinghNext gen Yamaha YZF-R15 to get more power and ABS