Yamaha R3 recalled in Japan
Snapshot: Yamaha Motor India has yet to confirm any recall for R3 model
Yamaha Motor has recalled over 15,000 entry level motorcycles in Japan which include YZF R3, YZF R25, YZF R25A, MT 250 and MT 320. These motorcycles were recalled due to problems with the front brake, transmission and oil Pump. In total 1,458 models of the R3 that were manufactured between March and May 2016 have suffered the above-mentioned problems.
There is no official confirmation if the R3 sold in India had suffered the similar problem. The inapt design of the oil pump has resulted in its malfunction. Also, the potency of the clutch pressure plate is being considered insufficient as could damage the bearing since they are not strong enough to take the load, while its front brake fluid might also leak due to coming in contact with motorcycle’s radiator.
The Yamaha R3 is a 320cc, twin-cylinder motorcycle that produces 41.4 bhp of power along with 29.6Nm of torque. It is available with a price tag of Rs 3,26,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi), at this price bracket it is almost Rs 35,000 cheaper than its closest rival, the Kawasaki Ninja 300, but then again the Ninja 300 offers the slipper clutch technology. As compared to its other rival KTM RC 390, the YZF-R3 is approximately Rs 1 lakh expensive.
We think you'd like...
- 2015-04-06 11:12:59Prashant SinghYamaha set to launch R3 and MT25 in India in late 2015
- 2015-06-08 15:33:35Sunny SoralExclusive - Yamaha India is Launching YZF-R3 in July!!
- 2015-10-09 18:18:53Prashant SinghYamaha Motors USA orders Recall on R3 for Faulty Upper Triple Clamp
- 2015-11-02 10:59:46Prashant SinghBuy an R3 before 10th November and you might get a chance to ride along Jorge Lorenzo on BIC
- 2015-12-01 11:01:08Prashant SinghJorge Lorenzo is Here and is Riding at BIC Right Now
- 2016-04-06 12:32:16Prashant SinghYamaha sells 600 units of the YZF-R3 since its launch in August 2015
- 2016-04-27 16:46:14Neeraj JhaYamaha inaugurates new spare parts centre in Tamil Nadu; invested Rs 58 cr