Yamaha YZF R25 breaks records in Indonesian market
Snapshot: Yamaha had created a website for R25 enthusiasts to book their motorcycles online and where it had only 500 allotments, it crossed 2,800 orders in the same time
Yamaha Motor's Indonesian division had a tough time managing the traffic and orders it got from its website www.iwantyamahar25.com which it had created for the same.
The bookings started from 0000 hours on 22nd May, 2014 and were open only for 25 hours. To lure more and more motorcycle aficionados Yamaha decided to give a Valentino Rossi AGV helmet to each of the first 250 people who booked the motorcycle online. It also promised to give a Dainese VR 46 leather jacket built and imported from Italy to 5 other winners who couldn't get the AGV helmet.
But, it seems, all this gimmick did give Yamaha guys a tough time. Within 30 minutes, 700 people booked their R25, and by 10 in the morning, the number had crossed 2,000 mark. After suspending the booking temporarily, when Yamaha resumed it again and by the end of 25th hour, it had begged an unbelievable 2,800 bookings.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-19 10:51:20Udit VishalYamaha YZF-R25 boasts redline at 14,000 RPM!
- 2014-05-20 13:45:20Udit VishalYamaha launches YZF-R25 in Indonesia
- 2014-05-28 18:42:16Udit VishalYamaha announces acceossories for YZF-R25
- 2014-06-05 23:13:18Udit VishalYamaha YZF-R25 hit track in Japan
- 2014-06-12 12:48:12Udit VishalYamaha YZF-R25 special edition is inspired from MotoGP's YZR-M1
- 2014-09-08 12:39:41BikePortal TeamCan India duplicate the Yamaha's R25 Indonesia's success?
- 2015-05-15 16:22:00Sunny SoralSpied - Yamaha YZF-R3 testing in India