Affordable Upcoming Bikes and scooter in India in 2016-17
Snapshot: Here we have compiled a list of 5 scooter and bikes launching in 2016-17
In the past decade, interest in motorcycles and scooters that are stylish and performance oriented are on rise among young motorcycle enthusiasts. In order to attract these potential buyers, Companies such as TVS, Bajaj, Hero are all gearing up to launch their products and that too within an affordable range. So if you are planning for your next buy, we bring you the list of upcoming affordable Bikes and scooter coming your way in 2016-17.
BMW G 310 R
The first fruitful product from the partnership of TVS and BMW, the G310R is a naked street motorcycle that has been specially developed by BMW Motorrad and will be manufactured locally by TVS Motor Company. Powering its motor is a single cylinder, fuel-injected, liquid cooled, 310cc engine that powerful enough to produce a maximum power of 33.5 bhp at 9,000 rpm and 28Nm of peak torque. Since it will be manufactured in India itself, we expect this new bike to come with a price tag of somewhere between Rs 2.20 lakh to Rs 2.35 lakh. The expected launch date for the new G-310-R is in the initial months of 2017.
TVS Akula 310
Showcased at Auto Expo 2016, the new TVS Akula 310 was one of the biggest attractions of the mega AutoShow event. Though, the concept version that was put on the display came with extensive usage of carbon fibre body parts, we think that in order to keep the production cost to the minimum the production version of this fully faired motorcycle might miss all the carbon fibre. It other notable features include hybrid trellis frame, an aluminium sub-frame, upside-down front forks, dual disc brakes with ABS and a completely digital instrumental console. It will run on the same motor as the BMW G310R motorcycle and power to the rear will be transferred by a 6-speed transmission. We expect the new Akula to make its debut by this year’s end with a price tag of Rs 1.80 lakh to 2 lakh.
Bajaj Pulsar CS 400
The fastest and most powerful bike from the pulsar series has been spotted many time, hinting to the fact that it might soon be available in domestic market. The Pulsar CS 400 is a cruiser sport motorcycle that will attract buyers who are looking for a weekend getaway ride which are powerful, yet comfortable and are desired as per Indian road condition. Though, the Company has not revealed any technical specification of the bike, it is widely expected that its motor will run on a 375cc, liquid cooled engine that might produce somewhere close to 40-42bhp of power and an estimated torque of 33-36Nm. The bike is expected to arrive in this festive season and carry a price tag of around Rs 1.80 to Rs 1.95 lakh.
Aprilia SR 150
Aprilia SR 150 is the first scooter from the Italian manufacturer that is offered in Indian two wheeler market. The Company will be launching this scooter next month with a price tag of Rs 65,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi), making it the most affordable product from Company's portfolio. Aprilia has not disclosed the technical specs of the scooter, but it is expected to share its motor with Vespa’s 150cc scooter. The 154.4cc displacement 3-valve, air-cooled, single-cylinder motor is capable of producing 11.83 bhp of power and 11Nm of torque.
Hero Xtreme 200S
Hero unveiled its all new Xtreme 200S bike at the Auto Expo 2016, along with several other products. According to reports received, Hero MotoCorp might launch this product by early 2017. So who will it compete against? Based on its expected price range and specification, it will rival against the TVS Apache RTR 200 4V. It will be powered by 200cc, 4-stroke, single cylinder engine that will churn out 17.75bhp of power at 8500 rpm and a peak torque of 17.2 Nm at 6000 rpm. Its engine is mated to a five-speed gear box and it is built on the strong diamond type chassis design, the Xtreme 200 S features rear mono suspension, ABS (Anti braking system)front and rear disc brakes and LED lights. The new Hero Xtreme should be priced somewhere close to Rs 85,000 to 95,000.
We think you'd like...
- 2016-04-19 11:24:19 Prashant Singh Bajaj Pulsar CS400 spied getting tested again in Pune
- 2016-06-22 15:00:58 Neeraj Jha Watch Video: KTM Duke 200 tries to keep up with Bajaj Pulsar CS 400
- 2016-08-01 12:13:58 Neeraj Jha Bajaj to Launch Pulsar CS 400 in August
- 2016-08-02 17:30:15 Neeraj Jha Bajaj Pulsar CS 400 spotted without camouflage
- 2016-08-04 13:45:50 Neeraj Jha Watch Video: Bajaj Pulsar CS400 exhaust sound
- 2016-08-09 17:38:48 Neeraj Jha Bajaj Pulsar CS 400 might come in two variants
- 2016-08-17 17:07:06 Neeraj Jha Bajaj Pulsar CS 400 to launch as VS 400
- 2016-02-09 10:59:11 Prashant Singh BMW G310 R to be launched in the festive season this year
- 2016-03-31 12:08:41 Prashant Singh BMW displays Made-In-India G 310 R at the Bangkok Motor Show
- 2016-04-21 11:40:22 Neeraj Jha TVS BMW G310R to launch in India this festive season; Expected price and specification
- 2016-04-28 14:08:05 Neeraj Jha TVS Akula 310 might be launched as Apache RTR 300
- 2016-05-04 12:55:06 Neeraj Jha Video: TVS BMW G310R spied testing in India; launching soon
- 2016-05-13 12:28:16 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R official TV Commercial released
- 2016-05-23 12:24:18 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R to officially launch in October 2016
- 2016-06-16 14:32:10 Prashant Singh BMW G310R caught getting tested on Indian soil again
- 2016-06-27 13:58:13 Neeraj Jha BMW Motorrad to Launch Comic based on G 310 R Motorcycle
- 2016-06-30 13:06:15 Prashant Singh BMW G310 R goes on sale in UK market
- 2016-07-07 13:51:22 Neeraj Jha BMW Commences Production of G 310 R; Launch in October 2016
- 2016-07-08 16:29:03 Neeraj Jha Optional Accessories for BMW G 310 R
- 2016-07-21 13:33:10 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Launch in India postponed
- 2016-07-22 15:35:47 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R new promotional video released
- 2016-07-22 16:17:06 Prashant Singh BMW G310R to be offered with Michelin tyres
- 2016-07-28 18:24:28 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Test Ride with KTM Duke 390 and Yamaha MT03
- 2016-08-08 16:53:55 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Motorcycle spotted again; India Launch in 2017
- 2016-08-09 14:10:49 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R Exhaust sound; Indian Launch in 2017
- 2016-04-25 15:24:55 Neeraj Jha Aprilia to introduce 300-500cc motorcycles in India
- 2016-07-18 18:15:37 Prashant Singh Aprilia SR150 to be priced at Rs 65,000, launch next month
- 2016-07-26 17:47:20 Neeraj Jha Aprilia SR 150 booking starts in India
- 2016-08-03 16:23:03 Neeraj Jha Aprilia SR 150 launching this month: Get detailed Feature, Specification and Price
- 2016-08-19 15:45:50 Neeraj Jha Aprilia SR 150 launch date announced
- 2016-08-23 16:17:17 Prashant Singh Aprilia SR 150 launched at Rs 66,000
- 2016-09-14 17:53:42 Prashant Singh Piaggio starts Aprilia SR 150 deliveries in India