Bajaj Auto to discontinue NS200 from the Indian line-up
Snapshot: Basically both NS and AS are more or less the same motorcycles and hence Bajaj Auto has decided to pull the plugs from NS200 after the festive season will be over.
It was officially stated by Bajaj Auto during the launch of Pulsar AS200 that both AS200 and NS200 are basically the same motorcycles. The only difference lies in the cosmetics of both, AS200 utilizes a bigger half fairing compared to the NS and is equipped with projector headlamps for better vision at the night. Mechanically both NS and AS draws power from the same 199.5cc engine that delivers a good 23.4bhp of power at 9500rpm and 18.3Nm at 8000rpm. So basically both NS and AS are more or less the same motorcycles and hence Bajaj Auto has decided to pull the plugs from NS200 after the festive season will be over. Instead Bajaj Auto is planning to introduce a smaller engine in the same motorcycle.
According to the reports, Bajaj Auto is planning to launch NS180 to the Indian market which is essentially the same motorcycle but with a smaller engine. Apart from the smaller cc motorcycles, Bajaj Auto is also working on to play big in 400cc category, Bajaj Auto is planning to launch the RS400 by early next year and apart from the Racing Sport series, the Pune based manufacturer is working on to introduce an all new ‘Cruiser Sport’ segment of motorcycles to revolutionaries the Indian biking scenario.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-13 13:45:34 Udit Vishal Bajaj developing Pulsar 200 NS FI for the Indonesian Market
- 2014-05-19 18:19:45 Udit Vishal Bajaj launches Pulsar 200 NS FI in international markets
- 2014-05-29 12:03:40 Udit Vishal Bajaj introduces new color shemes for Pulsar series
- 2014-11-13 14:05:35 Sunny Soral Bajaj's old War Horse P220 Sells 4 times than Karizma Updates!
- 2014-11-27 16:51:32 Sunny Soral Spied - Bajaj Pulsar 200SS with ABS!
- 2015-03-18 12:12:01 Prashant Singh More details out from the Indian microsite for the Bajaj Pulsar RS200
- 2015-06-09 10:58:37 Prashant Singh Bajaj Auto hints the launch of smaller capacity CS Pulsar
- 2015-06-23 12:07:53 Prashant Singh Bajaj increases the production of Pulsar RS 200
- 2015-07-17 13:35:19 Sunny Soral Black-Gold Colour Scheme coming for Pulsar RS200? Reports Suggest it may!
- 2015-07-23 12:42:11 Prashant Singh Pulsar RS200's crashes after front alloy breaks, says owner
- 2015-07-27 16:10:56 Prashant Singh Bajaj Auto's official statement on Pulsar RS200's rim breaking accident
- 2015-09-23 16:22:35 Prashant Singh Bajaj Auto launches RS 200 in 'Demon Black' color scheme
- 2015-10-30 11:02:11 Prashant Singh Bajaj Auto Hikes The Price of AS 200
- 2015-11-04 18:51:10 Prashant Singh Has Bajaj Auto discontinued the Pulsar 200NS from its line up?
- 2016-01-06 12:42:55 Prashant Singh Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Tops 10 most searched bikes on Internet in 2015
- 2016-03-02 15:20:57 Prashant Singh All you need to know about the Bajaj Pulsar 'Festival of Speed' racing event!
- 2016-03-16 18:40:10 Prashant Singh Bajaj 'Festival of Speed' concluded on an exciting note in Delhi NCR!
- 2016-03-31 14:10:41 Prashant Singh Bangalore to host the next Bajaj 'FOS' event on 2nd April
- 2016-04-11 11:00:43 Prashant Singh Bajaj Pulsar CS 400 spied getting tested in Pune
- 2016-04-18 12:19:19 Prashant Singh Bajaj Pulsar 200NS ABS spied getting tested
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29 Neeraj Jha Top 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-13 14:33:54 Neeraj Jha Bajaj Auto Finance enters partnership with India Post
- 2016-07-04 16:12:47 Neeraj Jha Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 gets new Red and white colour