BMW G 310 R Launch in India postponed
Snapshot: BMW G 310 R will now make its debut in the initial month of 2017
The most awaited motorcycle among bike enthusiast in the country, the BMW G 310 R will not be available for sale this year in Indian two-wheeler market. As reported by Overdrive, the launch date has been rescheduled to somewhere between January to March 2017. This decision was taken by the Company due to supply constraints.
The G310R has been specially developed by BMW Motorrad and will be manufactured by its Indian partner TVS Motor Company in Hosur. This 300cc entry level naked street bike will be Company’s most affordable motorcycle for sale. Also, TVS is working on a fully faired version of its fastest bike yet, the Akula 310, which will share the same motor that powers G310R. Powered by a single cylinder, fuel-injected, liquid cooled, 310cc engine, it is capable of producing a maximum power of 33.5 bhp at 9,000 rpm along with a peak torque of 28Nm of 7,500 rpm. Power to the rear is transferred by a 6-speed transmission.
When launched, it will rival against the likes of Kawasaki Ninja 300, Yamaha R3, Benelli TNT 300, KTM Duke 390 and the upcoming Bajaj Pulsar CS400. Since it will be produced locally; it will help the manufacturer to keep a very competitive price on the bike. We expect it to be introduced with a price tag of somewhere between Rs 2.20 lakh to 2.35 lakh.
We think you'd like...
- 2016-02-09 10:59:11 Prashant Singh BMW G310 R to be launched in the festive season this year
- 2016-03-31 12:08:41 Prashant Singh BMW displays Made-In-India G 310 R at the Bangkok Motor Show
- 2016-04-21 11:40:22 Neeraj Jha TVS BMW G310R to launch in India this festive season; Expected price and specification
- 2016-04-28 14:08:05 Neeraj Jha TVS Akula 310 might be launched as Apache RTR 300
- 2016-05-04 12:55:06 Neeraj Jha Video: TVS BMW G310R spied testing in India; launching soon
- 2016-05-13 12:28:16 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R official TV Commercial released
- 2016-05-23 12:24:18 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R to officially launch in October 2016
- 2016-06-16 14:32:10 Prashant Singh BMW G310R caught getting tested on Indian soil again
- 2016-06-27 13:58:13 Neeraj Jha BMW Motorrad to Launch Comic based on G 310 R Motorcycle
- 2016-06-30 13:06:15 Prashant Singh BMW G310 R goes on sale in UK market
- 2016-07-07 13:51:22 Neeraj Jha BMW Commences Production of G 310 R; Launch in October 2016
- 2016-07-08 16:29:03 Neeraj Jha Optional Accessories for BMW G 310 R
- 2016-07-22 15:35:47 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R new promotional video released
- 2016-07-22 16:17:06 Prashant Singh BMW G310R to be offered with Michelin tyres
- 2016-07-28 18:24:28 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Test Ride with KTM Duke 390 and Yamaha MT03
- 2016-08-08 16:53:55 Neeraj Jha BMW G 310 R Motorcycle spotted again; India Launch in 2017
- 2016-08-09 14:10:49 Neeraj Jha Video: BMW G 310 R Exhaust sound; Indian Launch in 2017