BMW G 310 R to officially launch in October 2016
Snapshot: BMW Motorrad is also expected to sell its CBU units at the dealership as well.
After many speculation and anticipation, the BMW Boss, Stefan Schaller, the president and CEO of BMW Motorrad has finally confirmed that the Company will officially start it operation in India by October 2016, followed by the sales of its entry-levelnaked-street bike, G 310 R in the same month. This upcoming 313cc bike has been specially developed by the German Motorrad and will be locally manufactured by TVS Motor Company's new assembly line within its Hosur plant.
This entry level bike has a powerful 313cc, water-cooled, 4-stroke, single cylinder engine that could produce a maximum power of 33.53bhp at 9,500 rpm and a peak torque of 28Nm at 7,500 rpm. Its engine will be mated to 6-speed transmission and comes with a company claim a top speed of 145 kmph. Moreover, BMW G 310R also sports-cast aluminium wheels with 110/70 R17 front and 150/60 R17 rear tyre.
When launched, it will rival against the likes of KTM Duke 390, Kawasaki Z250 and Benelli TNT 300. Since it will be manufactured locally, we expect the company to put an aggressive price tag of somewhere between Rs 2.20 lakh to 2.50 lakh. And if it is priced correctly, it will create a massive stir in domestic market.
We think you'd like...
- 2016-02-09 10:59:11Prashant SinghBMW G310 R to be launched in the festive season this year
- 2016-03-31 12:08:41Prashant SinghBMW displays Made-In-India G 310 R at the Bangkok Motor Show
- 2016-04-21 11:40:22Neeraj JhaTVS BMW G310R to launch in India this festive season; Expected price and specification
- 2016-04-28 14:08:05Neeraj JhaTVS Akula 310 might be launched as Apache RTR 300
- 2016-05-04 12:55:06Neeraj JhaVideo: TVS BMW G310R spied testing in India; launching soon
- 2016-05-13 12:28:16Neeraj JhaVideo: BMW G 310 R official TV Commercial released
- 2016-06-16 14:32:10Prashant SinghBMW G310R caught getting tested on Indian soil again
- 2016-06-27 13:58:13Neeraj JhaBMW Motorrad to Launch Comic based on G 310 R Motorcycle
- 2016-06-30 13:06:15Prashant SinghBMW G310 R goes on sale in UK market
- 2016-07-07 13:51:22Neeraj JhaBMW Commences Production of G 310 R; Launch in October 2016
- 2016-07-08 16:29:03Neeraj JhaOptional Accessories for BMW G 310 R
- 2016-07-21 13:33:10Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R Launch in India postponed
- 2016-07-22 15:35:47Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R new promotional video released
- 2016-07-22 16:17:06Prashant SinghBMW G310R to be offered with Michelin tyres
- 2016-07-28 18:24:28Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R Test Ride with KTM Duke 390 and Yamaha MT03
- 2016-08-08 16:53:55Neeraj JhaBMW G 310 R Motorcycle spotted again; India Launch in 2017
- 2016-08-09 14:10:49Neeraj JhaVideo: BMW G 310 R Exhaust sound; Indian Launch in 2017