Bollywood celebrities and their favorite rides
Snapshot: Many high-heeled actors from Bollywood are known for their unhindered affairs with their superbikes. The men are spotted many a time riding these speed devils. From Harley Davidson to Royal Enfield, Hayabusa to Ducati - we bring to the bike fans, a list of who’s riding what…
Adventurous celluloid outing with bikes – Dhoom made actor-turned-producer John Abraham an overnightstar. It also cemented his love for bikes in popular imagination. This enthusiast owns a series of enviable mean machines.
The most recent addition to his garage is a Rs.17 lakh black beauty Aprilia RSV4, gifted to him by the maker Piaggio. With a 1:1 power to weight ratio, this Italian motorbike sure does justice to his famous collection.
The brand ambassador of Yamaha, he owns several superbikes from its stable. Although his R1 1000cc is the most talked about, but his first Yamaha bike was RD 350. His R1 1000cc in blackcomes for Rs 11.5 lakh. It goes upto the speed of 285 kmph running on DOHC 20V engine. Next is his V-Max 1700cc. This 18.65 lakh powerhouse has a 4-stroke DOHC.
Another killer machine that John has is a Suzuki Hayabusa. This powerhouse can go upto 310 kmph speed. Its well-deserved competitor Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R is another priced possession of John. Again in black, as most of his other machines, this 1200cc touches 300kmph speed. The man also bought a hand-crafted classic called Light Foot specially made for him by Rajputana Customs of Jaipur. It’s based on a 500cc Bullet.
Dabangg Salman Khan has bikes aplenty. Interestingly one of them is Royal Enfield’s Continental GT, gifted to him by none other than his long time bodyguard Shera. The more amusing bit is that this bike’s number plate reads 2712, which stands for 27th December – Salman’s birth date.
There are many perks of being a brand ambassador and one of them is luxury gifts. So,another superbike that he has and was gifted to him is - Hayabusa by Suzuki. This four-cylinder bike is fired by a 1340cc engine.Salman also bought an electric blue Suzuki Intruder M1800 RZ limited edition. It is powered by a four stroke 1783cc engine.He also has a Special edition GSX-R1000Z, from yet again Suzuki,as the latest addition to one of the richest star’sgarage.
When Sanjay Dutt would ride his legendary Harley Davidson, heads would turn. The bad boy has a Fat Boy. The 1690cc bike features anti-lock braking (ABS). Gifting luxuries is a norm in Bollywood and Badshah SRK has gifted a cool cruiser motorbike to Dutt costing Rs 15 lakh in the market. SRK himself isn’t so much a fan of riding bikes. He owns a KTM 200 Duke, gifted to him by a friend.
Dance and movies apart, actor Shahid Kapur is no less an ardent fan of two-wheeled beauties. Just like Dutt, he possesses the HD Fat Boy too. But unlike Sanju Baba’s black, Shahid’s is in shiny blue. Shahid Kapur's Yamaha MT 01 has had many fans in his own fraternity.The sports bike is a fury unleashed when in action. Of course, Bajaj Caliber was his first bike, when in college!
Many other Bollywood actors flaunt their love for mean machines often. Ducati fans are actor Neil Nitin Mukesh who owns a Ducati 848 while actor Zayed Khan rides a Ducati 999.
We think you'd like...
- 2015-02-20 11:52:58 Sunny Soral FIM Homologates Ducati, Yamaha, Aprilia and BMW's 2015 Hyperbikes
- 2014-11-06 12:35:53 Sunny Soral The Ducati Streetfighter 848 lives - Spared Axe for 2015!
- 2015-11-25 14:38:05 Prashant Singh More than 400 Harley Owners came together during the 4th Northern H.O.G. Rally
- 2015-12-24 16:37:24 Prashant Singh Fatboy Special and Superlow discontinued by Harley-Davidson India
- 2014-09-01 19:22:51 Vidyadhar Sharma Royal Enfield Continental GT sets a new land speed record
- 2014-09-10 14:48:56 Arjit Garg Ace tuner helped RE Continental GT achieve new heights
- 2014-11-24 13:31:01 Sunny Soral RE and HD's most ambitious projects head to head in Sales!
- 2014-12-18 10:50:29 Sunny Soral Another Truck carrying Royal Enfield Motorcycles burns down to Ashes!
- 2015-03-04 17:34:39 Prashant Singh Signature GT Black color new addition to the RE caf? racer
- 2015-04-29 18:26:36 Sunny Soral Royal Enfield Himalayan Starts Testing in Chennai
- 2015-05-06 11:06:10 Sunny Soral Harley Davidson Winning First Fight with Royal Enfield - Street 750 outsells Continental GT in FY 2015
- 2015-05-12 12:40:44 Sunny Soral Royal Enfield acquires iconic Harris Performance
- 2016-01-11 16:54:38 Sunny Soral RE updates Continental GT with Dark Green shade, Yellow gets discontinued!
- 2016-06-17 11:45:21 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield displays two all new custom motorcycles at Wheels & Waves festival, France
- 2014-10-22 15:19:33 Sunny Soral Dream Ride: Brave Rider attempting UK – India ride in Record time!!!!
- 2015-04-23 15:37:15 Pankaj Vig Hayabusa to become cheaper: Suzuki plans to assemble it locally
- 2015-10-23 13:44:36 Prashant Singh Is this what the new age Hayabusa is going to look like?
- 2016-03-08 14:32:48 Prashant Singh Suzuki starts Hayabusa's local assembling at Manesar plant
- 2016-04-01 17:03:49 Prashant Singh India Made Hayabusa comes with Saree Guard and Number Plate Holder
- 2016-06-16 15:59:46 Prashant Singh Suzuki Hayabusa to go through significant changes in 2017
- 2016-08-01 11:50:22 Prashant Singh Local assembly shoots up Hayabusa’s sales