Ducati indicates the making of 1100cc Scrambler
Snapshot: The 130bhp Scrambler sure sounds fun but the question is what hipsters would make out of this herculean Scrambler.
So the second news of the day is also from the Italian brand, Ducati. The company recently launched the Scrambler Sixty2 in Barcelona and at the event Ducati indicated that there is a concrete possibility that company will be coming up with an 1100cc Scrambler in the future. However being true to the Scrambler philosophy, this herculean Scrambler will still utilize the two-valve and air-cooled engine. Chances are this Scrambler will use the 1100cc Desmodue engine from the Monster EVO that was discontinued back in 2013.
Speaking at the launch of Scrambler Sixty2, project manager Federico Sabbioni said 'We've got the engines, there is room to make something bigger. We'll see, we have a number of ideas and we're thinking about it... there is a volcano of ideas.'
When enquired about any possibility of a quarter-litre Scrambler, Sabbioni rejected the idea and said ‘250cc is too small, directly copying the Scrambler from 1962 would not be the right thing, so we want to re-imagine them in a post heritage way, try to add contemporary technology and innovation but keeping the style and inspiration of the old bike.'
The 130bhp Scrambler sure sounds fun but the question is what hipsters would make out of this herculean Scrambler.
We think you'd like...
- 2015-04-13 10:51:15 Prashant Singh Dirt Track concept of the Ducati Scrambler
- 2015-04-23 10:39:55 Prashant Singh Ducati starts Scrambler bookings at INR 50,000
- 2015-05-26 18:11:17 Sunny Soral Ducati Scrambler SC-Rumble by Ducati- Pirelli is for the Mad Max world!!
- 2015-06-09 15:55:37 Sunny Soral Now Oberdan Bezzi Conceptualises a Scrambler Baja Racer!
- 2015-07-03 11:34:27 Prashant Singh The First Ducati Scrambler dedicated dealership now open in Italy
- 2015-10-16 11:08:32 Prashant Singh Is Ducati planning to unveil a Scrambler 400 at the EICMA?
- 2015-10-23 11:53:46 Prashant Singh Ducati releases a comic strip badged as 'Presented by Scrambler'
- 2015-11-06 12:41:00 Sunny Soral Is this the Ducati Scrambler 400 we are waiting for?
- 2015-11-17 10:59:51 Sunny Soral EICMA 2015 - Video - Ducati drops in a Bombshell, Scrambler 400 has arrived!
- 2015-11-17 11:35:10 Prashant Singh Ducati Scrambler Urban Enduro launched in India at INR 7.99
- 2015-11-17 12:10:31 Sunny Soral EICMA 2015 - Ducati Scrambler Flat Track Pro - for the Racer Rebel in you!
- 2015-12-06 18:11:07 Prashant Singh Ducati not to sell the Scrambler Sixty2 in India
- 2015-12-08 16:44:19 Abhijeet Singh Ducati showcases the Limited Edition Scrambler Italia