Exclusive- Hero HX250R video preview
Snapshot: Hero recently displayed the motorcycle at the 2014 AIMExpo, the American International Motorcycle Expo.
If there is one product, Hero MotoCorp is relying heavily on, to enter the global markets, it definitely is the HX250R, a 250cc motorcycle developed in collaboration with Eric Buell Racing. For the last few weeks, we are getting reports on how, the Hero has changed its gears to enter overseas markets and patenting the HX250R for U.S and European markets. The latest being, they recently displayed the motorcycle at the 2014 AIMExpo, the American International Motorcycle Expo, and released a video for the same.
It is widely known now that the Hero Motorcorp bought a minority stake in the EBR, and the HX is based on the design and development work of Erik Buell’s engineering group. But, what we didn't knew for certain was the specifications of the motorcycle. Now, with the display of the HX at the Eric Buell stall in the AIMExpo, Hero has unveiled the specification list.
The HX250R will house a liquid cooled, fuel-injected four valve, four stroke engine displacing 249cc. But, what Eric Buell did with the engine in terms of the bore and stroke is highly commendable. The HX’s engine is based on the MotoGP's bike engine having a highly oversquare bore/stroke ratio of 81.0mm bore and 48.5mm stroke.
There will be two rides modes: Power and Economy, something we've yet to see in the similar category bikes. Also, with a claimed weight of 306 pounds, the HX is set to be have a deadly power to weight ratio. Once launched, the HX250R will compete against highly capable CBR300R and the Ninja 300. But, with the low weight and MotoGP inspired bore/stroke ratio, the HX is destined to rule the 200-300cc category.
The prices for the HX are not yet declared, but going by the market trend, the HX is expected to retail somewhere in the price range of ?150,000 to ?200, 000, which is the same price range for the Honda CBR 300.
Capacity : 249cc
Bore : 81.0mm
Stroke : 48.5mm
Front brake: 300mm single disc
Rear Brake : 200mm single disc
Front Tyre : 110/80-17
Rear Tyre : 140/70-17
Wet weight: 306 pounds
Image Courtsey : Motorcycle.com
We think you'd like...
- 2014-09-05 15:16:57 Vidyadhar Sharma Hero HX250R not launching in November 2014 in India
- 2014-10-18 16:13:07 Arjit Garg Hero files patent for EBR 250 in Europe
- 2015-04-09 11:08:56 Prashant Singh Hero HX 250R will be equipped with dual riding modes
- 2015-04-24 13:43:50 Prashant Singh Hero confirm's the future models remains unaffected from EBR's closedown
- 2015-05-29 17:36:29 Pankaj Vig EBR bankrupt, Hero HX250R may not make it even until 2015 end
- 2015-08-18 15:44:32 Prashant Singh Hero HX250R spied completely undisguised for the first time
- 2016-02-16 17:50:19 Prashant Singh Hero HX250R – Specification, Top Speed, Images!