Exclusive: Royal Enfield Himalayan's engine snapped up close
Snapshot: The engine is a beautiful looking fully blacked out unit badging the new tiny RE logo in the middle.
One of our followers, Melvin Sehgal has shared with us these exclusive closeup pictures of the Himalayan’s engine which is an upcoming adventurer tourer motorcycle from the Chennai based motorcycle maker, Royal Enfield. Himalayan is expected to make its official debut very soon as it has been caught getting tested many times now. As clearly visible from the Images, the engine is a fully blacked out unit badging Royal Enfield’s new logo in the middle.
This is a freshly developed 410cc air-cooled unit which generates 28bhp of maximum power and more than 32Nm of peak torque. The new engine is developed to be smoother and more refined from any of the engines seen on Royal Enfields so far. The engine is made using overhead cams instead of traditional push rod setup and also the use of a counter balancer has made this engine a rev friendly unit.
Be it the mountains, production line or the roads, the bike has been spied almost everywhere a bunch of times, indicating that it won’t take long for Royal Enfield to officially announce its launch date. The Himalayan stands in a segment with which the Indian market is not very familiar yet. And it will be surely be the most sensible choice for the adventure junkies who needs a bike that could be taken anywhere without weighing much on the pocket. Being an Adventure Tourer the bike is equipped with long travel suspensions upfront, meaty off-road tyres, spoke rims, a windshield, round headlight assembly and panniers (as seen in spied pictures).
We think you'd like...
- 2015-09-09 16:58:58 Prashant Singh Ready to roll Himalayan caught on the production line
- 2015-11-03 11:42:55 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield's sales figures grows by 73% in the month of October this year
- 2015-11-09 17:33:42 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield Himalayan's instrumental cluster shot for the first time
- 2016-01-22 12:20:42 Sunny Soral Royal Enfield unveils the Himalayan in Videos with CS Santosh!
- 2016-02-02 12:24:53 Sunny Soral Royal Enfield Himalayan unveiled, Launch Mid March 2016!
- 2016-02-15 12:50:44 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield Himalayan reaches select dealerships, booking to commence from 17th March
- 2016-03-04 11:57:15 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield Himalayan to be launched on 16th March
- 2016-03-16 13:16:17 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield Himalayan finally Launched at Rs 1.55 Lakh
- 2016-03-17 12:30:37 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield Himalayan not to be sold in Delhi
- 2016-03-28 18:38:04 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield Himalayan receiving fabulous response from the market
- 2016-03-30 12:57:33 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield Himalayan now available in Delhi
- 2016-04-04 11:09:50 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield reveals pricing on the Himalayan Riding gear
- 2016-04-18 11:35:49 Prashant Singh Royal Enfield grabs 5th position in the list of highest bike manufacturers of India
- 2016-08-05 16:55:00 Neeraj Jha Royal Enfield Himalayan to come in Military Green colour option