FIM Homologates Ducati, Yamaha, Aprilia and BMW's 2015 Hyperbikes
Snapshot: The Holy grail of Motorcycling Technology reaches production motorcycles and FIM homologation confirms an EPIC upcoming WSBK season!!
When the all new version of the iconic Yamaha R1 came out to the world at EICMA 2014, the presence of two variants was an indicator of the fact that Yamaha's 2015YZF-R1M was specifically designed for the purpose of getting homologation nod from FIM and help the participating teams at WSBK to get a product that is as close to a MotoGP machine as any production motorcycle could possibly be.
Thus, it should be obvious now that the 2015 Yamaha YZF-R1M has been homologated by the FIM for use in the Superbike & Superstock 1000 classes. Interestingly, both 2015 Yamaha's, the YZF-R1 and the YZF-R1M have been given the nod by the FIM. However, in all probability, if given the choice, teams will choose to develop the YZF-R1M over the base model, especially as it comes with upgraded suspension pieces and carbon fiber fairings.
Other new bikes making the FIM’s list are the Aprilia RSV4RR and Aprilia RSV4RF with again the latter being the weapon of choice. The revised Ducati 1199PAnigale R and the updated 2015 BMW S1000RR are also on the FIM homologation list. Rounding out the list is the 2015 MV Agusta F4 RR, which has a couple new parts needing the FIM’s approval.
The new breed of Hyperbikes from the makers like Yamaha, Ducati, Aprilia and BMW with technologies unheard of coming to the motorcycles, this year of WSBK racing promises to be a scintillating race season.
We think you'd like...
- 2015-05-26 16:24:10Sunny SoralSUPER DROOL ALERT! - Go Dreaming with 2015 Panigale R Mega Gallery!
- 2015-02-25 10:46:21Sunny SoralMega Gallery - 2015 Yamaha YZF-R1 World Endurance Bike is a Sublime Beauty
- 2015-04-10 15:19:19Prashant SinghYamaha launches 2015 YZF-R1 & R1M in India at INR 22.34 lakhs & INR 29.43 lakhs respectively
- 2015-11-30 14:27:15Prashant SinghRossi wins the 2015 Monster Energy Monza Rally
- 2015-12-16 19:25:37Prashant SinghValentino Rossi The Game, to be launched next year
- 2016-05-23 14:31:12Neeraj JhaJorge Lorenzo beats Marques to Italian MotoGP win
- 2014-05-27 19:04:44Udit VishalBMW Concept Roadster looks nothing less than a beast
- 2015-03-19 11:48:14Prashant Singh200 km/h+ ice wheelie sets record