Hero and Honda’s Epic Festive Sales – and you thought your Diwali was great!!
Snapshot: The Diwali festive season is a season to look out for new launches and model updates every year
The Diwali festive season is a season to look out for new launches and model updates every year. With the customers willing to empty their pockets on new purchases, it is a win win for both the companies and the customers.
Dhanteras, probably the most auspicious day to buy new stuff in Indian calendar has, through years been a favourite day of record keepers. Whether the economy is down or not, Dhanteras have yielded some staggering numbers in terms of business for a single day throughout all industries, year on year.
The country’s top two-wheeler makers Hero Motocorp and Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) have clocked astonishing single day sales volumes on the auspicious day of Dhanteras.
The world’s largest two wheeler maker (in terms of volume) Hero Motocorp surpassed the magical single day sales figure of 2 lakh units for the first time on October 21. The performance is over 80% higher than that of Dhanteras in 2013.
Its closest competitor and erstwhile partner Honda finished with an impressive 1.65 lakh units, a 110% growth compared to the previous Dhanteras. Hero says that the demand was anticipated and it was ready with a stock of 6 lakh units for this festive season. Considered to be a important day for new purchases day by Hindus, Dhanteras usually witnesses the highest two wheeler sales in the country.
Hero Motocorp has recently launched the Splendor Pro Classic and Passion Pro TR models, variant extensions that are aimed at improving sales in the festive season. While Honda has its immensely capable, ‘Dream’ series of commuters for the masses, alongwith their long running stead Honda Activa.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-10-08 17:06:04 Arjit Garg Hero launches Splendor Pro Classic and New Passion Pro TR
- 2015-08-24 12:17:48 Prashant Singh Updated Hero Splendor Pro spotted for the first time
- 2014-09-05 18:13:02 Vidyadhar Sharma Honda Dream Neo gets a new color
- 2015-02-12 16:54:16 Sunny Soral Hero Launches 2015 HF Dawn at 39,370 INR
- 2015-03-31 16:23:28 Prashant Singh Oil leakage issues in Honda Dream series
- 2016-04-07 11:10:04 Prashant Singh Honda updates the Dream Neo with new colours