Hero MotoCorp beat Honda to become largest scooter exporter in India
Snapshot: Hero Motorcorp recorded a growth of 356.24 percent in the export figures of scooters and becomes the largest scooter exporter of India
The export figures of Hero MotoCorp just over took Honda’s to become India largest scooter exporter. As per the data figures released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), Honda is on second position after Hero Motocorp for the financial year 2014-15. Hero Motocorp shipped a total of 79,956 scooters out of the country which is comparatively more than the number of scooters exported by Honda that is 77,814. Compared to 2013-14 data, Hero Motocorp recorded an extra-ordinary growth in the export figures. The export numbers has been upped by nearly 356.24 percent for Hero Motocorp.
A total of 17,525 units were shipped out of the country last fiscal year 2013-14 and it is tiny compared to this year’s numbers. Out of all the scooters exported, Hero Maestro was the scooter in demand. Suzuki export figures are far behind any of the Hero or Honda’s number that is 5712 units in the last financial year, but a big growth is recorded in the Suzuki’s export figures as well. Suzuki went to 5712 units last year from 699 units exported in 2013-14. Yamaha India exported 6271 units in 2014-15 fiscal. Hero Motocorp has plans of adding some more scooters to the existing grid to help its export figures boost further.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-10-10 15:27:24 Arjit Garg Hero Maestro updated with new colors and graphics
- 2015-06-10 15:13:23 Prashant Singh Hero Motorcorp showcases two new scooters to the dealers in Italy
- 2015-12-15 11:21:50 Prashant Singh Maestro Edge becomes Hero MotoCorp's top selling scooter
- 2016-01-05 18:13:46 Prashant Singh Hero records 5 per cent sales drop in December 2015
- 2014-04-23 18:36:30 Syed Shiraz Shah Honda Activa is now the largest selling two-wheeler in India
- 2014-06-13 13:44:14 Udit Vishal Honda spreads road safety awareness with Safety For Everyone sculpture
- 2014-08-22 19:06:11 Divyanshu Boora Honda Activa is back on the Numero Uno spot
- 2015-04-11 12:39:45 Sunny Soral Scoop - 2015 Suzuki Lets with new Graphics reaches Dealerships, 49600 Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 2015-06-24 19:03:11 Prashant Singh Honda Launches 2015 Activa-i and Aviator in an all new color scheme
- 2015-08-18 11:40:28 Prashant Singh Honda ramps up the production of Activa to meet the growing demand
- 2015-09-25 13:36:31 Prashant Singh Honda sells a Million of Activa units in last five months
- 2015-10-23 15:24:29 Sunny Soral The return of the Emperor - Hero Splendor is back as India's best selling Two -Wheeler!
- 2015-12-02 12:13:04 Prashant Singh Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India saw a 12 per cent decline in November sales
- 2016-01-25 12:02:02 Prashant Singh Honda conducted Maha Exchange Mela in Delhi, plans to expand the same to 10 more cities
- 2016-02-18 11:19:30 Prashant Singh Honda Inaugurates their 4th Indian two-wheeler plant in Gujarat
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29 Neeraj Jha Top 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-04 13:50:26 Prashant Singh HMSI grows by 27 per cent in the month of April
- 2016-05-11 11:49:18 Neeraj Jha Honda Motorcycle inaugurates Best Deal outlet in Secunderabad
- 2016-05-18 14:28:46 Neeraj Jha Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India inks MoU with IndusInd Bank
- 2016-05-25 13:24:26 Neeraj Jha New Honda Activa-I launched at Price Rs 50,255
- 2016-06-28 11:54:26 Prashant Singh Honda to increase scooter manufacturing capacity to cope up with rising demands
- 2016-07-20 14:47:10 Neeraj Jha Honda Activa becomes top selling two wheeler in June 2016