Honda Activa is back on the Numero Uno spot
Snapshot: The Honda Activa reported a 64% YOY growth in its July sales
Honda reported a 64% YOY growth in the July sales of its highly successful Activa. This is the third occasion in the last 11 months when Activa has outdone every other two-wheeler sold in India. Honda sold 1,91,883 units of Activa in this July.
There has been a stiff competition from some good time between Hero's Splendor and Honda's Activa. The recent launch of Honda Activa 125 has also been received by the Indian market with open arms.
Commenting on the achievement, Mr. Yadvinder S. Guleria, Vice President - Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India said, "We are excited that Activa has once again become the highest selling 2-wheeler of India. This is more significant since an automatic scooter displaced a motorcycle for numero uno position in Indian 2- wheeler industry. This clearly indicates that Activa is exponentially getting acceptance as the most preferred choice of 2-wheeler for commuting. In the last few years scooters have evolved and become more technologically advanced, fuel efficient and stylish. The high growth of Scooters in India has primarily been led by Honda and we are confident of maintaining this leadership in future.”
We think you'd like...
- 2014-04-23 18:36:30 Syed Shiraz Shah Honda Activa is now the largest selling two-wheeler in India
- 2014-06-13 13:44:14 Udit Vishal Honda spreads road safety awareness with Safety For Everyone sculpture
- 2015-04-11 12:39:45 Sunny Soral Scoop - 2015 Suzuki Lets with new Graphics reaches Dealerships, 49600 Ex-Showroom, Delhi
- 2015-04-21 11:15:04 Prashant Singh Hero MotoCorp beat Honda to become largest scooter exporter in India
- 2015-06-24 19:03:11 Prashant Singh Honda Launches 2015 Activa-i and Aviator in an all new color scheme
- 2015-08-18 11:40:28 Prashant Singh Honda ramps up the production of Activa to meet the growing demand
- 2015-09-25 13:36:31 Prashant Singh Honda sells a Million of Activa units in last five months
- 2015-10-23 15:24:29 Sunny Soral The return of the Emperor - Hero Splendor is back as India's best selling Two -Wheeler!
- 2015-12-02 12:13:04 Prashant Singh Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India saw a 12 per cent decline in November sales
- 2016-01-25 12:02:02 Prashant Singh Honda conducted Maha Exchange Mela in Delhi, plans to expand the same to 10 more cities
- 2016-02-18 11:19:30 Prashant Singh Honda Inaugurates their 4th Indian two-wheeler plant in Gujarat
- 2016-04-29 14:17:29 Neeraj Jha Top 10 selling Bikes and Scooters in FY16
- 2016-05-04 13:50:26 Prashant Singh HMSI grows by 27 per cent in the month of April
- 2016-05-11 11:49:18 Neeraj Jha Honda Motorcycle inaugurates Best Deal outlet in Secunderabad
- 2016-05-18 14:28:46 Neeraj Jha Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India inks MoU with IndusInd Bank
- 2016-05-25 13:24:26 Neeraj Jha New Honda Activa-I launched at Price Rs 50,255
- 2016-06-28 11:54:26 Prashant Singh Honda to increase scooter manufacturing capacity to cope up with rising demands
- 2016-07-20 14:47:10 Neeraj Jha Honda Activa becomes top selling two wheeler in June 2016