Kawasaki Z250 could reach India around festive season
Snapshot: Kawasaki has started testing the Z250 in India, Expected to be launched in second half of 2014
The quarter-litre motorcycle segment surely going to be enthralled in the coming months in India. Upcoming models like the Hero HX250R, KTM RC 200, Mahindra Mojo and a new 300cc bike from BMW TVS have already been maintaining the hype and now the news about the Kawasaki Z250 coming to India has boosted the excitement further among bike aficionados.
If reports are to be believed, Kawasaki has already started testing the new street fighter on the Indian roads and planning to introduce the model in second half of the ongoing year. The Z250 will compete with the likes of Suzuki Inazuma and Hyosung GD250N in the Indian market and being a Kawasaki, the new lightweight monster will definitely live an edge over its competitors.
The Z250 was first showcased at the Tokyo Motor Show last year. The model is powered by a parallel-twin 250cc unit that cranks out might of 32 PS. Interesting part is, the bike weighs only 148 kgs that aids it with class-leading power to weight ratio.
Kawasaki will bring the Z250 in via CKD route and will assemble it alongside the 300 at Bajaj's Pune plant. Post its launch, the Z250 will become the most affordable offering with Kawasaki badge in India, however, the model is highly likely to be priced near the 300 which will surely be a comedown for the Kawasaki fans in the country.
We think you'd like...
- 2014-05-22 11:32:16 Divyanshu Boora Europe gets to taste the Performance Edition of Kawasaki Z800
- 2015-09-28 17:58:10 Prashant Singh 2016 Kawasaki Z800 Black arrives at the Delhi Dealership
- 2016-03-28 16:17:42 Prashant Singh The 2017 Kawasaki Z800 to get a semi-faired body?
- 2016-04-13 14:47:28 Prashant Singh Kawasaki Z800 to get Rs 1 lakh cheaper soon
- 2016-06-01 11:12:44 Neeraj Jha Kawasaki denies local assembly of Z800